Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-17-2023, 09:37 PM
Power Poster

I've been putting the quilting aside until I get a little wardrobe made for my granddaughter's dolly. She asked so sweetly.... The doll clothes are time consuming, but fun nevertheless, so that's what I'll be working on this weekend.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:54 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting VQW this weekend. I started zigzaging a jelly roll rug together last night, plan to work on it again today. Hoping to get it done this weekend. DD and her family are coming on Sunday, so not sure how much sewing I'll get to that day, gotta get snuggle time with the grands. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on this weekend, and seeing your projects. Happy sewing everyone. Enjoy your time in your sewing space.🥰
Old 02-18-2023, 12:16 AM

I'll be in and out this weekend, sadly. We had a clogged sink last month that we are still recovering from, my other half is going to have to yank the sink when he gets home from his village visit to fix some holes in the enamel and I've got to clean the kitchen, then move everything that's on the counters out of his way.

I haven't been sewing much still, just been crocheting and working on a new pattern called Celtic Cables. Gorgeous throw by Bonnie Bay, I just started it a couple weeks ago and not that far into it, the throw will measure 45 x 55 inches when it's done. So, I'm in my sewing corner, I just have a handful of yarn and crochet hook.
Attached Thumbnails img_20230218_015720.jpg   img_20230218_015636.jpg  

Last edited by Railroadersbrat; 02-18-2023 at 12:17 AM. Reason: I know how to spell sometimes.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:15 AM

Good morning, All. I'm working on a panel. Literally gonna cut it up and sew it back together. QAYG style. Planning to practice FMQ with it. Not sure how I will complete it yet, but working on ideas as I go. Yes, it's blue and coastal themed!
Old 02-18-2023, 04:25 AM

Morning all, I have a list that would keep the whole group busy for the weekend, but I will pare it down to:
1. finish the hand stitching the binding on my yellow and orange quilt.
2. make more blocks for my checker board quilt.
3. make more scrap blocks using what has spilled over onto the floor! (Tee-Hee-Hee)
4. make a firm list for the Monday shopping spree in Shipshewana (Bargains only)
Bonus: Quilt another sandwiched piece.

Old 02-18-2023, 04:56 AM

Got BFF's quilt cutout yesterday. She ironed and I cut. After I run some errands this morning, will start cutting my quilt.
Old 02-18-2023, 05:10 AM

Count me in! I plan to finish hand stitching binding to a lap quilt (it's black on black and hard on the old eyes) I have another lap quilt I need to sew backing together and then load onto longarm. I have a small baby quilt I might do by domestic machine just because it's my favorite machine to use and I've got a big (72" x 98"") top that I'm finally at the stage of cutting sashing strips.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:18 AM

I make kits for our church quilting group so will cut out 2-3 of those.
I’d Like to begin a Bullseye quilt so may work on that.
Daughter got new “slim” Christmas tree on clearance so I could get a tree skirt started for it but she’ll need to pick out fabric.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:23 AM

I'm going to spend the day working on quitting fills in the panel from Quilting is my Therapy (my mind is blanking on her name). If I get that done, I may spend time pondering a UFO that needs something, I know not what. I'm also ready to attach the left and right column of blocks and the top column of blocks to my "Around We Go". Then I can pull fabrics a thin border that goes in-between this round and the last round which is something like 48 6" log cabin blocks. need to decide on fabrics for those too- it's scrappy, but I've added some controls by limiting the palette to red family, some orange, some violet/lavender and some blues- all in a range of values + the neutrals for background. This quilt has been a lot of fun to piece using some creative grids specialty rulers and mainly scraps from my stash. It's also the only quilt pattern that I've seriously considered making more than once.

Rob
Old 02-18-2023, 07:09 AM

still plugging away on the mystery quilt. working on clue 7 although I have yet to press and attach the sashing to the blocks in clue 6. Found out I made too many flying geese. Oh well, I will find a place for them eventually! I am finding more left over bits and pieces from previous mysteries and even several complete blocks so I am thinking I just may have to make a wild throw of all these left overs.