Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

• Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-18-2023, 08:13 AM

Got the cart. Now filling it.
    machine fits.

for my instant summers, shopping for personal fans. Any experience with neck fans? What would you look for? Found a desk top fan about 2x the size of I-Phone.

now tools.

back at ya
    Old 02-18-2023, 08:13 AM

Default First goal accomplished!

Supper was a tad late last night, but I finished putting the scrappy 2 1/2 inch top together. I am very pleased with the result. This is the second donation top from my seemingly never ending supply of 2 1/2 inch strips. I posted the first in 'Pictures'. Now on to my brother's throw...
    Attached Thumbnails img_1748-small-.jpg  
    Old 02-18-2023, 01:58 PM

Last year I did 3 hand embroidered pieces, then they have sat here, so decided to make the flamingo one into a lined tote bag that can be rolled up and kept in my backpack for days when I buy more than I can carry on my back 🤪. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to make because I used a part of a pattern, but changed some things, did more ripping than sewing!
    Attached Thumbnails a1927a40-8acf-4d96-bc0c-f9abe1e8a245.jpeg   b3bd8ebc-9b16-4fbe-8e54-049f95d8c782.jpeg  
    Old 02-18-2023, 04:13 PM
    Power Poster

Like it, great job !
    Old 02-18-2023, 04:14 PM

Had a few errands to do this morning, and got home in time to snuggle on my couch, ready to get some binding done. Of course, my little helper has to get into the act.
    Attached Thumbnails 00e741aa-a7c9-4b51-bd92-b76b69840b44.jpeg  
    Old 02-18-2023, 04:19 PM

Lots of cute projects, love the pictures.

This morning was devoted to DH and what he needed to do, as he has been gone for a few day with work. He had a passport music system on Craig's list and someone had wanted to buy it, and we always meet at a neutral location, so we did some shopping, sold the system, and was able to get our hair cut while out, good morning.
    This afternoon I was able to get the blocks assembled and two borders on both the runners. I just have the last border to go, and it's a wide one. I think one of them may end up as a bed runner, all depends on the batting. Right now they are 62 by 14 and the last border is a 5.5 inches so it should finish at about 72 x 24 which is big enough for a queen bed runner. But the last border is for the morning, now it's on to the church quilts. DH has gone to Monster Jam with our extra SIL and DGS's and I have until about 10:30 before he gets back to continue to sew.
    Old 02-18-2023, 05:16 PM

Finished stitching up the test block for my guild, more fun than that goofy bag!
    Attached Thumbnails 8952acc6-d5be-4c54-850d-b62f6e5007ca.jpeg  
    Old 02-18-2023, 07:49 PM

Thimblebug nice points that is a interesting block.
    Just checking in before relaxing before bed. Two of the church quilts have the borders stitched down. The fabric is ready for the runners tomorrow, I feel that it is a good nights work. DH texted me they had fun and are starting to head towards home. I'm going to read for a bit and have a glass of sherry. See you tomorrow.
    Old 02-19-2023, 03:40 AM

Sunday Morning Check-in....
    I finished hand stitching the binding last night about 10 and I did get four more rows on my checkerboard quilt. I had a delightful and unexpected visit from my son for most of the afternoon, so I got a bit behind on my list of "To Do's" Oh, well, I can dive in again after church and pot luck and make some more progress. Besides, we have Monday for this month's VQW! Yeah

Left on my list
    Take a photo of the finished quilt.
    Make scrap blocks using what has spilled over onto the floor!
    Write a firm list for the Monday shopping spree in Shipshewana (30% off everything, even the bargain room!)
    Bonus: Quilting another sandwiched piece is looking more possible.

Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.
    Old 02-19-2023, 06:32 AM

Peeking in this morning. Yesterday, Mom's visit lasted all morning, and I did not get much sewing done. But my magazine boards arrived for storing the new fabrics that I ordered. I told my DD, grown and thankfully still living at home, that we are going to play a "game"! The Folding Game! LOL.
    She knew what I meant because I "conned" her into the Four Corners Game! (making the bed).