Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-17-2023, 10:27 AM

This is the pattern I am preparing for retreat, so will pack it away now, although it is tempting to keep slicing and sewing! Here is a link to her blog, this was posted on Feb. 13th, so not sure if the link takes you right to it or not.
https://www.devotedquilter.com You might have to choose blog and scroll.
Attached Thumbnails b165d47c-f6bf-4db0-915c-3e7d812c5058.jpeg  
Old 02-17-2023, 11:13 AM

Success. Took 3 hours. Got a cart for my machine.

Now hubby wants to finish the project to add hose bids around house.

Back to quilt project later. Must be flexible.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:49 AM

I am still plugging away on Bonnie's mystery. working on Clue 7 and finish but still have clue 2 to complete for that final border.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:46 PM

Thimblebug- those are looking good, very impressed at how well the cross pieces on your blocks line up! My memory of making similar blocks is that it's harder than it looks! Have fun at your retreat.

Got "Big Fish At The Falls" blocked so now I need to sew a piece of fabric over the label so only the quilt name is showing. Then I can pack it up and ship it off to Paducah. That's one more thing checked off my to do list. Yay! I think I'll work on that for the rest of the afternoon as I'm still too jittery waiting to hear from real estate lawyer to be able to concentrate on actually quilting. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to quilt on the panel I got from Angela Walters for her Free Motion Fillers workshop. It was on sale with 5 cones of Glide Thread this past December because the workshop has already finished. Great deal- less than half the original price for the panel and the thread. I'm going to use it for a sampler that I can hang on the wall behind my Sweet Sixteen. It'll serve as a quick reference when I'm stuck for a dense fill.

Rob
Old 02-17-2023, 04:16 PM

I'm in for this weekend. I have the binding to finish sewing down on my grandson's spider-man quilt. And I still need to sew my EPP stars onto the background fabric.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:17 PM

Sounds like I'm not the only one binding this weekend! I have the binding attached by machine and it's ready to be stitched down by hand. I pieced three charity quilt tops with leftover scraps.I made progress on the wool candle mats. I took a break tonight and caught up on some tv shows I didn't watch during the week.

GingerK--what is Family Day?
Old 02-17-2023, 05:41 PM

Binding is done ☑️ n first quilt. The second is half quilted. Moving along. The weather was s cold today. Perfect to stay in and sew
Old 02-17-2023, 05:59 PM

Not doing anything as I may have covid all I've been doing is sleeping the nast couple of days. Have a Dr. appointment Wednesday.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:03 PM

Oh my, you may want to call a nurse line or the on call doctor or urgent care if you are feeling badly and think you may have Covid. Do you have any of those home tests? Wednesday is a ways away. My friend went to urgent care last week and came home with a couple of prescriptions and it helped. She did not have Covid but had the RSV thing that is also going around. She said it was the worse she ever felt.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:32 PM

I'm in too! Definitely binding a quilt for my Daughter & SIL. If I can get it done, then I will make the matching pillowcases. Then all will be put away until August. The quilt has been in process for a year, so I will be so thrilled to have it finished. The pillowcases are an after thought because I was afraid I was going to need more fabric and ordered it. So might as well use it up.

Sending good vibes to all those quilting this weekend, may we accomplish our goals.