Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm not getting any sewing done because... >

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

Old 04-25-2023, 07:37 AM

Question I'm not getting any sewing done because...

there is a humming bird feeder haning on a tree outside my sewing room window. Those timy birds are so much fun to watch.
What's your reason not to be sewing today? or tomorrow?
Old 04-25-2023, 07:47 AM

rain, power outages galore, not in the mood, can't do math, tired, want to do it all in one day, etc.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Sitting in the sun watching nature in my backyard. Lots of birds, squirrels, chipmunks, hummingbirds, and even a blue heron playing around the creek.
Attached Thumbnails img-0383.jpg  
Old 04-25-2023, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Onebyone, that picture threw me for a minute, until I realized that has to be a toy truck.

I sometimes get stuck on a quilt because I convince myself the next step will be really hard or time consuming. Then when I actually start doing the work, I find it's not that bad. I also spend way too much time at the computer.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:34 AM

Because I can't decide how I should quilt it! So many options...
Old 04-25-2023, 10:01 AM

Work! Somedays you’re the windshield, some days you’re the bug!
Old 04-25-2023, 10:12 AM

Not wanting to start a new project because the sewing room reno might--just might--start in a couple of weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed! But I do need to put borders on one last top. Procrastinating because it is a big sucker and the amount of border fabric is very finite. No room for error!
Old 04-25-2023, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

that picture threw me for a minute, until I realized that has to be a toy truck.

LOL The grandboys play by and in the creek. It is clear water always running slate bottom creek. Deepest spot is 4ft, great for jumping in. You can see the bottom it's so clear. The rest is about 8 to 12 inches deep. There are toy boats and trucks all along the bank. Great pool with no upkeep.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-25-2023 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:12 AM

sighhh!!! Had a PET scan at 0800 when I got to my car discovered it was covered with frost and also that I had a 12 inch crack in the front windshield, called my insurance company, no problem, glass company called and said it had to be brought to the shop as I have a front camera and it will need to be calibrated in shop. Tried to pay my garbage bill for the past week, but could not reach the company by their wonderful not online system so decided to pay bill using my bank account but they did not get it yet so called garbage company called bank. Got locked out of my garbage company's website so had to get a new password. Just ended up paying them with a credit card and I did not stop payment from the bank as the garbage company said if they got both payments they would just put a credit on my account. Oh my....I want to sew not mess around with things that just should not be so hard. I do not like those automated voice systems that just send you in a loop and then when you get hopeful that you might actually get to a person who can help you, the call drops. Grrrrrr!!! OK, so I am enjoying the birds migrating through and love listening to them sing. Those birds never seem to disappoint. I give them a 10!
Old 04-25-2023, 11:59 AM

No explanation needed. 🤣
However, she's only like this in the mornings, and usually snoozes the afternoons away. So I just love on her when she gets in my way.
Attached Thumbnails not-getting-anything-done.png