Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 10-04-2023, 12:21 PM

BTW, did everyone get the message from 1charmshort that she asked me to forward to you?

Old 10-04-2023, 12:25 PM

Sounds good. I will indeed use Powerpoint to keep the photos organized by maker. It will be fun to see how the quilts grow.

If each maker could, when they send their "after" photo, include a brief line about why they did what they did, I think that would be interesting!

Janet
Old 10-04-2023, 01:44 PM

A suggestion when we mail our blocks/fabrics would be to put everything into a two-gallon ziploc bag so it is weather-protected. You just never know!
Old 10-05-2023, 05:22 AM

Great suggestions, ShawneeOR! The various types of dollar stores sell those if the grocery store doesn't have them.

I sent everyone an email with the forms attached. Shawnee created a great spreadsheet that I think she will be sending to everyone as a way to stay organized.

Would everyone like to get together this Saturday on zoom? Do evening, morning or midday meetings work best for the folks on the east and west coast? Is Saturday a good day?
Old 10-05-2023, 07:10 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I think I am the only East Coast person in the herd.

Any day and time is good for the rest of you is fine for me.

I will pick up a box of two gallon ziplock bags (great idea); I loving the collaboration with you ladies.

No clue what I am doing for a center yet. Still mulling it over but will put something together by the end of this weekend. I am a just get it done type.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:25 AM

I like that idea too Shawnee...funny....I just bought some jumbo zip loc bags to use on something else I was mailing out.
Saturday afternoon / evening works for me... but I may or may not be able to hear you. So I will have to figure out the closed captioning option.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:35 AM

Got the message. I was able to listen to the first intro with Ricky.
Thanks for the packaging tips. I am away from home and have bigger places to shop for the tote and large ziplock bags than I do at home. In our small town, it's either Dollar General of Family Dollar for general merchandise. Otherwise it's 25+ miles east or west. I am trying to gather everything except fabric ( which is in abundance at home) so when I do get back home, I am ready to make and mail asap.
Lots of fun wished for everyone.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
Got the message. I was able to listen to the first intro with Ricky.
Thanks for the packaging tips. I am away from home and have bigger places to shop for the tote and large ziplock bags than I do at home. In our small town, it's either Dollar General of Family Dollar for general merchandise. Otherwise it's 25+ miles east or west. I am trying to gather everything except fabric ( which is in abundance at home) so when I do get back home, I am ready to make and mail asap.
Lots of fun wished for everyone.
I grew up in a town like this.
But no dollar stores back then.
(I'm So Old! )
Made a big big splash when a big box store finally came to town and elbowed several mom & pops out
But they did have a fantastic sewing & yarn shop. Guess where I spent lots of time
Old 10-05-2023, 01:16 PM

I did get the forwarded message.

I purchase 2 gallon ziplocks at a restaurant supply store. Use them a lot more than I ever thought I would, lol.

I plan to put my manifesto in a sheet protector. It's just easier for me than running out and getting it laminated.

Thinking I may use an orphan block or two for my starter. 😁

Old 10-06-2023, 05:07 AM

How about a zoom meeting 2 pm CST (3 pm EST, noon on west coast) on Saturday? Just to practice :-)