Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 09-18-2023, 12:26 PM

I am ready to try my first group here --!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ShawneeOR View Post
I am ready to try my first group here --!
me too, ShawneeOr
it is only Monday, only the 18th, still kinda early...
but....
things aren't lookin too good for our little home team right now....
fingers still crossed tho
Old 09-18-2023, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1CharmShort View Post
me too, ShawneeOr
it is only Monday, only the 18th, still kinda early...
but....
things aren't lookin too good for our little home team right now....
fingers still crossed tho
We just need ONE more, right? Hoping!
Old 09-18-2023, 03:14 PM

So our little Carrottops are now five but no word from the Ricky Tims contact person for filling out our Mad Adders team. 1charmshort is suggesting that we do our own round robin if the Mad Adders is a no-go for lack of a sixth team member. I will let her discuss the options as she has found some interesting youtube videos that I hope she posts in here.

Current Mad Adder Carrottops:
Yiaya
1CharmShort
c joyce
ShawneeOR
ibex94
Old 09-18-2023, 03:37 PM

Carrottops is what I am currently calling us... cause of the rabbit holes. If we do become part of the inaugural Mad Adder group we can be "Tims Carrottops." or not... Whatever you all decide. My thinking is we should all get some orange wigs to wear for a virtual zoom picture tif we ever zoom together.... Photo ops for the Carrottops.

I sent the fb contact the news that we are five. I need pm information from ShawneeOR -- cye and reply when you get a chance. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2023, 05:52 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Happy you decided to join us Shawnee 😁.
I am excited for this project.
I would gladly do a regular round robin if we can’t find one more person.
I have never done a RR, but there’s always a first time for everything. Ricky Tims is an excellent teacher but I think I have “bought “ plenty from him this year ( won’t hesitate to do it again). Either way let’s have fun.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:10 AM

Fun is the operative word!!

Have you all been getting the emails I have sent to the fb contact? Shawnee, I sent one just now with your name in the address line, too. It should have all the emails that have been sent up to this point. Nothing new is posted in fb since my thread asking for assistance filling out our team.

So if we do not hear back from any of the Mad Adder admins about an extra team member, if you all want to do a round robin, in the old traditional way of creating a masterpiece center and then sending it around the group for additional borders on all sides, we need to set up rules. First things first though... I need to clear it with the admins here in QB. I'll send a pm about it to Patrice who will fill me in on what we need to do. I suspect a new thread will be started in the Round Robin room instead of keeping it here in the challenge room.

I am a total newbie on this. Kind of scared of it. My piecing is ok but I really don't want to destroy your quilt with what I think will work well. Practicing a new technique like slicing and dicing leaves room for mistakes. A traditional Round Robin doesn't sound like much wiggle room is possible.

1CharmShort -- please post your Round Robin links in here as a food for thought until we decide what to do about the RT challenge.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:10 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I’m willing to bet that your piecing is just fine! I have decided that I will be good with whatever anyone does to my center block. Piecing a little wonky? adds character 😊. Not my usual style? Time to get out of the box. 🥴 A few yards of fabric is a small price to pay for new quilting buddies! I’m halfway to thinking that doing it ourselves might be better than doing it with the Mad Hatters.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:03 PM

This is the short list I sent to Ibex94
a quick search will provide many, many more online

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...in+quilt+ideas

This one from suraridoo is fun....she has done a few BOMs on youtube that you can look up if you are interested in her style of sharing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-hnwVKN-kE

https://prairiemoonquilts.com/round-robin/

https://handiquilter.com/round-robin-quilts/
one more
https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...bin&etslf=6592

when I double checked the pinterest link, it sent me to the home page at pinterest
I don't know why, and I can't seem to correct it....if that happens, just type 'round robin quilt ideas' into the search box there.....it's certainly worth the trouble

Now, I'm going to go read the post from Western Wilson about Round Robins
Thank you Wilson, for the information and help!!

PS... not sure I want to participate in a "normal" round robin tho....

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 09-19-2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM

Toi Scott has responded to our off site email addresses. She does not have a spare person for our team yet. Let's see if anyone from either QB or the FB page joins up with us by Sept 30. Ask for a potential team member at your local quilt shops, too.

If we cannot join the RT Mad Adders, then I think we should discuss a round robin on our own. Start thinking about rules you may if you are part of a round robin group. Any and all advice is welcome from experienced QB folks on this issue, too.

Remember that "all skill levels are welcome" must be a rule.

Sending your package forward with tracking must be a rule, too.

I love the "no whining" rule!

Here's a link to the QB short list of rules: Rules For Swaps And Similar Activities - Updated 8 December 2010

PatriceJ said if we transition to a QB round robin, we can move this thread or start a new one.