Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024

Old 01-11-2024, 03:17 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 12-15, 2024

Good evening all! Welcome to our January VQW I have several hanging sleeves to stitch down this weekend. For some reason, I really don't like doing hanging sleeves but Mom wants them on all her wall hangings. So hopefully get that done this weekend as my plan is to ship to her Tuesday. I also have three small wall hangings for myself that just need to be bound. Once that's done I will start working on the eleven pillow cases that are cut and ready to go. Ambitious plans!

So what are you working on this weekend? And for anyone who is new--Virtual Quilting Weekend (VQW) is where we share our quilting plans for the weekend and pictures if you're able to upload them. Or if you don't feel like quilting, just join us anyway! There are no quilt police here

Next regular VQW will be February 16-19, 2024. If there is interest, I will do a thread for Super Bowl Sunday, probably start it about 8 that morning. Just let me know!
Old 01-11-2024, 04:12 PM

I'm in for the weekend. I work on Friday but then have a 3 day weekend ....... so I plan to work on my Jewel Box Stars and hopefully get it a lot closer to being a flimsy. Also putiing blocks together for my BH winter mystery.
Old 01-11-2024, 04:23 PM

I am working on a scrap quilt. Trying to get the quilting done so I can work on binding during quilt guild this weekend. Company is passing thru so that will slow things down a bit.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:22 AM

Another VQW! Thanks as always, Heather.

I am up in the middle of the night, or at least 4 AM my time. The expected snow storm is coming down, forecast says 3" or so, I think we are at least halfway there. Is dry little flecks of snow, not big fancy snowflakes. May change to rain mid-day to really freeze stuff up overnight. But we are here at home with plenty of groceries and coffee.

I am still working on my Bonnie Hunter project, I don't seem to be moving very fast this year. It is better now that I have options for music and sound downstairs -- I think I will do my first step of the day (pressing) while listening to my latest audio book to keep me company. Goal for today is to get the alternate blocks done, should be easily doable if I can stay on track for a couple hours. Still have a long way to go before I have the top done... once the alternate blocks are finished I might switch back to my Christmas String quilt border, seems fitting for the snow!
Old 01-12-2024, 02:46 AM

I'm in! 2 projects (for now) - some Bonnie Hunter work and a friend's project on the longarm. She uses exclusively fleece for backing which I've never done on the longarm. It's a smaller charity quilt.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:56 AM

Happy VQW weekend everyone! Thank you Raggiemom for hosting.

Have you ever had a quilt pattern you hesitate to start because it's out of your comfort zone? I am cutting out paper templates that I have to tape together to get the whole shape, being careful to match the lines in between the pieces. Next, I have to trace the pieced paper template shape onto cardstock. Plastic template sheets aren't large enough to use for these large shapes. I thought about freezer paper vs. cardstock. I am making a rainbow quilt for my soon to be granddaughter. I will trace the Rainbow Arc templates onto fabric and cut them out. I will be sewing curves, so wish me luck.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:14 AM

In again! One quilt on my "To Do List". I need to finish two additional blocks and then begin the sashing process on those blocks. Should that top be finished, there is a an abundance of other projections that can jump under my needle.
Old 01-12-2024, 04:04 AM

Alas, I won't be working on any quilts for awhile, but I will be "crafting." My aunt sent me a mink stole which she would like me to make a teddy bear out of. I used to make them all the time before getting interested in quilting. I also have music for a string concert to practice. I play cello in a community orchestra so that also takes up time.

Shari
Old 01-12-2024, 05:01 AM

I'm in. I hope to quilt a class sample, but most likely will still be in clean mode. I have been going through my accumulation of "stuff" in my studio. Five full days so far and I am at the stage of putting the things I'm keeping away. I have to say the space is looking great!
Old 01-12-2024, 05:31 AM

Count me in! I'm on the home stretch of quilting a full-size scrappy mountain majesties, except I need to figure out what to do for binding. I picked up a little last night and I'm ready to roll!