Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 PM

I am going to try to participate. I just finished a Tidy-Tote, for keeping the sewing area tidy. I will post picture tomorrow. I have had this in the UFO status for years. Feels good to finish it and it is all due to the Quilt Forum. Reading the entries and seeing all the projects is motivating me. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 AM

I loved reading about all of your UFOs and seeing the pictures. I am in too!!!! I have a small stack of UFOs that I didn't think was worth my time to hand quilt but I got a Bernina 440 QE & I will use the BSR to machine quilt them & give them to a good home. Also I have a Nativity wall hanging that I fell out of love with that need some help. Off to clean the sewing room & see what I forgot! lol!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 AM

You go, girl!! Those UFO's need a home! They need to feel good about themselves!!
YTQ

( I'm really not crazy...................)
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 AM

10 1/2 hours to go 'til February.

I'm talking to myself:
Hurry, hurry, hurry I say
Humph - get off my back and go away.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I'd like to have some oooh's and ahhhhhs because I finished a UFO, a quilt for my 5 year old grandson. But I can't because I don't have a digital camera. WAAAAH! I am happy to have finished it, and I'm on to another to finish. I am also going to get a camera and learn how to post pictures.YEAH!!
Diana
Good for you for finishing!!! Yay!! As for pictures, grab a friend with a digital camera and have her take some snapshots of it for you. Then you can post it here and have a pic for you to keep. :thumbup:

I'm just finishing up the baby quilt. Once I've got the binding done I will be able to post my 2nd finished UFO for the year. Yay for me! I'm on track for the year, so far. :lol:

yourstrulyquilts - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she does come back fully and you are able to have many more wonderful years together.

My youngest tells me that when the time comes she is putting me in a home. Ack! They better have an extra room for all my quilt stuff then!!!!!

skpk - I am looking forward to seeing the pic of your tidytote. It sounds like something I could use in my quilt room.

Welcome to the group Beachbound!

Burnsk - LOL!!! :lol:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:48 PM

I want to see this tidy tote myself, sounds like something I could use. Great work everyone out here for the first month, we are getting it done!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 PM

off to work on completeing February's, I have finished appliquing the stars, now need to press, sq off, lay out, put together, layer and quilt, and add binding:) I should be on track to finish in Feb.

I have a cloths rack for completed tops so my goal is to complete (quilt and bind) one of those each month also.
so far on track for the year. :):)
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 PM

thanks for the welcome but I am such a light weight! I only found 1 Christmas lap quilt, 3 baby quilts & 2 wall hangings to finish. I do have a few WIP if those count ;-)
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 PM

It's 8:45 pm here. Can't remember when this was first started, but it's finished! Yeah! Now to start working on February's. Looking forward to this challenge and will hopefully get some of those UFO's done! Thanks!

Winter, finished Jan. 31, 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67124.jpe  
Old 01-31-2010, 07:44 PM

It's 10:00 pm and I made January deadline. HOORAY. This is what i did today. My DH wanted to go to the show but I said NO.

1. Had a small wooden 3-drawer chest for a child. It would set on a dresser. Got it scrubbed, old-englished and polished. Looks pretty good. I had to line the drawers.

2. Repaired a "birthday" dress for GGD.

3. I have a friend who has a rather large "bosom". She gets so frustrated that she can't find any sexy "upper" under garments. So, I decorate them for her with lace and recut and restyle some of them for the "plunge" and put on lace for the "come hither" appeal. Her hubby loves them. Got one done for her today (in red).

4. FInished a Christmas card holder wall hanging for granddaughter (better late than never).

5. Finished a Christmas tote similar to the last one I posted. Will take pics tomorrow to post. Too late and too dark for pictures.

6. Wrote up directions for a sewers neck "tote" to keep scissors, pencils, small rulers, etc., handy when you're sewing at a meeting or sitting in your favorite chair. Cut out 6 and made 2. Dang, created another UFO by not finishing those other 4. Oh well. Will take pictures of these tomorrow also. One of the gals at my Saturday quilt group had one that she bought at a craft show and she loves hers. Mine is a little different cause I didn't know if this was an original pattern.

7. Made a flannel mattress for GGD's doll bed. Now I need to get the quilt finished for the doll bed. My first doll quilt?

SOOOO - I made deadline. Had a great day sewing. Haven't had a day like this in so long. It was great. I want more days like this. The sunshine sure helped. Not everything was "quilt" related but I got a lot done.

On to February.