Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM

You all inspired me to break down and buy the book and tools...now I just have to play catch up!

Beautiful work everyone!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Charlee, you are not that far behind, we are really all over achieving here as I think most are only on week 2 or 3, socome and join us its great and there is loads of support and help.

Speaking for me I think the software is the best option and I did find it easy, although its got a lot in it and I havenīt tried a lot of the things it offers.

Elle
Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, those are beautiful..even RS6! It looks like it just is waiting to be a part of the whole, then it will straighten up. At least that is what I'm telling mine :oops:

The only hints I might have for RS6 is to go read Lacelady's and Cute Buns tutes on the seams to start with. I could NEVER make sense of the foundation pattern on the software....so I went to thatquilt.com and looked at her sections. I couldn't get the software to regroup and print (for some reason..I'm sure operator)...so I printed off several copies of the block as an outline drawing. I marked, then cut the sections that I thought I would work well for me. I cut up the outline drawing of the block in those sections and used that for my foundation. That and then.....a few choice bad words seems to get it together for me.
nope it's not operator error as i have tried to regroup that block a dozen times with no success. sounds like you had a good solution tho
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM

I have just printed the Triangle out and then cut through the bottom diamond. You have to cut through this diamond so you have 4 quarters. The same with the next diamond in the middle. This way you can paper piece it. Hope I made sense. Can I take pictures to show you or not. I am not sure anymore.

Elle
Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM

butterflyspain your blocks are lovely
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Thank Luv, am enjoying it. missed out on 7 hours sewing at the hospital yesterday, but never mind. I forgot to take it with me, so much to think of.

Elle
Old 01-27-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thank Luv, am enjoying it. missed out on 7 hours sewing at the hospital yesterday, but never mind. I forgot to take it with me, so much to think of.

Elle
Everyone love your blocks and wish I could purchase the book or program to join but not right now. In the future maybe- hope springs eternal. Also, Elle - when you said you forgot to take your sewing to the hospital. The other day I had a four hour wait and I brought my hand quilting and forgot the thread ... DUH>>>>

:?
Again, LOVE the blocks !!!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Never fear, I am still in the middle of week 3. You can start any time and catch up, there will always be a slowpoke like me around!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Your not a slow poke Shem...some of us have things coming up that we know will put us behind, so we are trying to work ahead just a little bit so we don't get toooo far behind. Know what I mean?

Elle...I think you can show a pic of the "technique"..but not a tute for the whole actual block. You can tell how you solved a problem. Esqmommy can enlighten you more as I know she has had conversations with admin about it.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:23 PM

Ah Elle...I can't afford the software right now...but one day soon, I hope!
:)