Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine Addiction >

Sewing Machine Addiction

Sewing Machine Addiction

Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM

Please let us know how you like the Pfaff. I am in the market for a new machine and am really interested in this one. I can't afford to make a mistake so will be really interested to hear all the pros and cons of this machine. How fortunate you were to find this one. Good for you.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
ok...what is wrong with me? I found a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 on craigslist and now it's all I can think about. It's a great price and only one year old. I can't even sleep at night because I think I need it. It would look very nice snuggled up next to my Babylock and across from my Bernina. And that's the problem! Why on earth do I think I need 3 sewing machines? I'm only 1 person who can sew on 1 machine at a time. Then my DH pointed out that I have my old Kenmore in the closet. I told him that one doesn't count because I learned how to sew on it and I just can't sell it. Do we all have this kind of problem or do I need serious help? :mrgreen:

And did I mention the lady is willing to let me try the Pfaff out for a few days to see if I like it! Like it's even a possibility I wouldn't like it....
I don't think you're along in this...I have 5 machines....I inherited my mom's Singer Golden Touch'n'Sew...I have 2 New Home (Janome) machines...a 450 and a Memory Craft 6000...a Brother es 2000 (which came as part of a sewing program I took as a correspondence course )...and of course, my Pfaff Expression 2038. Do I use all of them? Yes, because each has its own special feature that I like and wouldn't part with .
Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
Oh Vicki, of course you need this machine! I know from personal experience that your sewing room will perform ever so much better with 3 machines! I have 3 set up all the time, 1 to piece, 1 to quilt, and the third to bind. You don't have to fiddle with the tension, or thread color, etc.... You just go get that machine!
Hmmm....Never thought to have machines set up for different uses...Now to find the room to do it! :P
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,

I am so happy you got another machine. My friend that lives out of state, she names all of her toys (sewing machines, spinning wheels, drop spindles etc.)

Have you named her yet?

Karen
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

Originally Posted by vjengels
Oh Vicki, of course you need this machine! I know from personal experience that your sewing room will perform ever so much better with 3 machines! I have 3 set up all the time, 1 to piece, 1 to quilt, and the third to bind. You don't have to fiddle with the tension, or thread color, etc.... You just go get that machine!
Oh you are way TOO GOOD! I have my Embroidery machine and main Husqvarna set up at all times, but I like your idea to have one for each thing, like quilt or piece....Now I can justify MORE machines!! (My list now...Husqvarna Saphire 830, Baby Lock Emore, Janome "travel" size and my latest, a Singer 1039 Treadle!)
Once again, Thanks for the Justification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

I think that sewing machines are like potato chips you can not stop at just one. Whether they are vintage or the newfangled ones that are out there if you quilt you will somehow collect a few machines.

But I warn you that it is more addictive than any drug out there. Ask me how I know.........

Billy
Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by breezyacres
Hi! I'm new here and just found this topic! One certainly after my own heart! I've been collecting sewing machines since we got married 26 years ago! And my husband does not help the fact - he will even pick up old ones from the junk yard! I also collect mini's....yup, we have a lot! But - Ithink you should get the new-to- you machine! I think it was meant to be!
Breezy, welcome tothe board!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Good for you! My daughter recently bought a Bernina 440 QE and so did a good friend. They both love their machines so, when I went to a local quilt show today, quess what I did? Yup -bought one too. I'm doomed. Just have to figure out how to "splain" this to husband-san. :shock: :shock:
Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 PM

I like to buy machines that I've never owned and try them out. I bought a Pfaff Tiptronic on Ebay and although it had that nifty attached quilting foot and sewed the best stitches I've ever seen, we did not see eye-to-eye. I ended up selling it to gal who needed a 2nd Tiptronic for her other home.

I think we all have a duty to buy and try out every single brand of sewing machine ever made.