Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you have your dog FIXED?? >

Would you have your dog FIXED??

Would you have your dog FIXED??

Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 AM

I have a chiwahwah that is a year old and he is extremely wild! Jumping on the kids, chewing up the floor, and when he runs its so fast you can barely see him! No sitting and loving on you! The only good thing is he DOES NOT bark!! We got him when he was 6 weeks old so we started training him then!

What should I do!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6738.jpe  
Old 04-26-2010, 06:10 AM
k3n
Power Poster

My personal opinion is that any animal who is not destined to be bred from should be fixed - far too many unwanted kittens and puppies in the world and no matter how careful you are, accidents can happen! And I think your pup is still young enough for the op to have a positive effect on his behaviour - I was once told by a vet that past two is too old and the bad habits are ingrained and can only be trained out. Of course, fixing doesn't replace training - still needs a firm hand by the sounds of him! Cute pup though!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 AM

Unless you are breeding, I would always have my dog fixed. It may also help with his behavior. Sometimes if they are older it will not change much. But have him fixed, it will also cut down on health issues later.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:12 AM
JJs
Banned

well, you should fershure watch the Dog Whisperer...

whydja let him get so wild? We have three dogs in this house and none of them act anything like that. Did you crate train him or just let him run loose? Sounds like he's the top dog and knows it - YOU have to be leader of the pack - not him...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:13 AM

This is good info! I do not want Pups! And his behavior has just started! So i wanted to nip it in the butt!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM
JJs
Banned

wonder if there's a girl dog in the neighborhood that's 'advertising'... just 'cause you can't smell it doesn't mean HE can't lOL
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM

All my dogs are fixed ... so I would say yes ...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM

I personally believe that all dogs and cats should be spayed or neutered, unless you're a breeder. Probably millions of dogs and cats are euthanized because there aren't enough homes for them and because of people who don't spay and neuter their pets.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

I believe every animal should be fixed. I have a whole soap box about breeding, but I'll leave off for now. If this behavior is new, it sounds as if something is going on. What has changed in the household lately? New child, new routine, a child that was home all day now in school, some change in routine. Frankly, it sounds like he is totally bored and looking to expend energy. Is he alone for a large part of the day? Is he played with (vigorously) and walked every day?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I personally believe that all dogs and cats should be spayed or neutered, unless you're a breeder. Probably millions of dogs and cats are euthanized because there aren't enough homes for them and because of people who don't spay and neuter their pets.
In the Houston Metro area ALONE, more than 1 million animals are euthanized EVERY YEAR. Think about what that means on a national scale. And I think it's more humane to euthanize them than to let them roam free or live in cages, but it's still sad.