Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fellow addicts >

Fellow addicts

Fellow addicts

Old 06-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Let's see ...

1) Singer #9323 that I use for nearly everything. Wish I could find another one as backup, just in case! It's VERY basic, but is a workhorse, and isn't at all persnickety. I've tried finding a new machine that could serve as backup, but so far my experience has been "They don't make 'em like they used to!". :shock:

2) Another Singer from the late 70's or early 80's that my parents bought me. It's got something wrong with it. Maybe I'll drag it out and look at it again.

3) A Brother Serger that I love. It's 3-4 years old.

4) An old Brother sewing machine that I inherited from my grandmother, who recently passed away. It's still in the basement. Not sure if it works, or even what it looks like.

5) An old Singer that I inherited from my great-grandmother. It's missing the power cord and a plate. Not sure if it works, but Hubby and I plan to fix it if we can. I forget the model number offhand. Something 51, I think.

6) A Pfaff 7570 sewing and embroidery machine that was my grandmothers. I'm having fun figuring it out. :)

7) Another Pfaff embroidery machine from my Granny. It's an earlier model than the 7570. Haven't tried it yet.

8) An old Adler Belvedere machine I just got from a girl who was moving out of the country. Got it, the cabinet, fabric, and a bunch of other stuff for $30. Couldn't pass it up. It works, but I haven't had a chance to sew with it yet. It's green! :mrgreen:

9) A Hobby Lock serger that was my Granny's.

I think that's all! :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Wow, I think Im the only one with only 1 mach! :-(

Nope, I've only got one. Can't justify buying another one. Easy to see I prefer hand stitching and applique to machining.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 PM

Let's see now....not counting the Singer my cousin has, the Singer my sister has, and the Brother my mom has (I share! haha) these are the machines that live at my house:
Singer 185j
Singer Featherweight
Singer 201, 301, and 401a
Brother 350se
Pfaff serger
Morse Fotomatic (Grandma's machine)
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

I have a:
1897 Singer Treadle
1912 Singer
1930 Singer
1940's Pfaff
1953 Singer Featherweight
1970's Dressmaker (My very first machine)
2003 Pfaff 2144
2005 Pfaff Grand Quilter with a Grace frame
and last but definitely not least my 2010 Gammill Optimum

Oops I never really added them up before.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 PM

Let's see...

Bernina 730
Brother CS4000
Janome Jem
2 FW's
Juki
Nechi
2 - Singer 401A
Serger
Childs Singer
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 PM

gday,

Now tell what variety of machines do you have.
I have a Bernina Aurora QE440, Janome (25years old) and a Pinnock serger (also over 20yrs).
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by moonrise
Let's see ...

1) Singer #9323 that I use for nearly everything. Wish I could find another one as backup, just in case! It's VERY basic, but is a workhorse, and isn't at all persnickety. I've tried finding a new machine that could serve as backup, but so far my experience has been "They don't make 'em like they used to!". :shock:

2) Another Singer from the late 70's or early 80's that my parents bought me. It's got something wrong with it. Maybe I'll drag it out and look at it again.

3) A Brother Serger that I love. It's 3-4 years old.

4) An old Brother sewing machine that I inherited from my grandmother, who recently passed away. It's still in the basement. Not sure if it works, or even what it looks like.

5) An old Singer that I inherited from my great-grandmother. It's missing the power cord and a plate. Not sure if it works, but Hubby and I plan to fix it if we can. I forget the model number offhand. Something 51, I think.

6) A Pfaff 7570 sewing and embroidery machine that was my grandmothers. I'm having fun figuring it out. :)

7) Another Pfaff embroidery machine from my Granny. It's an earlier model than the 7570. Haven't tried it yet.

8) An old Adler Belvedere machine I just got from a girl who was moving out of the country. Got it, the cabinet, fabric, and a bunch of other stuff for $30. Couldn't pass it up. It works, but I haven't had a chance to sew with it yet. It's green! :mrgreen:

9) A Hobby Lock serger that was my Granny's.

I think that's all! :lol:
I had a Pfaff 7570 and just loved sewing and embroidering on it, there are times when I wished I had kept it instead of trading it in for my 2144. It would be great to use to sew while embroidering on the 2144.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

I have four, three that are working. God bless, Penny
Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I know that most quilters have the "extras" that we must have like thread, needles, fabric in every color and style, rulers, cutters, etc. But what about our machines??? How many of you have more than one machine? I know to sew you can do it on just one, but i have found myself with 5 machines! I don't know how that happened?? It must be magic! I have a new home that i use quite a bit, a janome in a different room and 2 sergers for "other" sewing and i'm waiting for my new singer. Do you think i need a support group??? :shock:
No, you have your support group right here on the board.

I, myself, have almost 20 machines. All but one are vintage machines that I have begun to acquire. Not wanting to let them be wasted and just sit in a corner and collect dust or use them as plant stands, I have purchased various kinds and the total adds up to way less than the used 2004 Embroidery Bernina Artista 200 that I found on craigslist.

My plan is to use as many of them as I can display. Just today I set up a two-machine sewing center in one corner of my dining room. I plan to quilt on one while monitoring the progress of my embroidery machine which sits on top of another vintage machine.

It may sound crazy but it is an activity that my DH and I have been enjoying together. He just finished replicating a cabinet for a treadle we purchased and will begin to replicate another. His workmanship is exquisite.

I never dreamed I would have more than my one 1975 vintage Bernina machine. :-D
Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 AM
tmg

I have a Juki, a Brother, and a Kenmore sewing machines, a Baby Lock and a commercial serger and a Baby lock embroidery machine. I'm trying to get the Juki 98Q now.