Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Leg pain!  Now where did this come from? >

Leg pain! Now where did this come from?

Leg pain! Now where did this come from?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM

I think I slept maybe an hour last night. My left leg is killing me. Pain from hip to toe! I'am a diabetic and have had some dumbness (not bad) in both legs. Its enough that I have to be very careful when I shave my legs....tend to not feel the blade. Anyway 2 days ago my left leg began to ache. I really didn't pay it much mind. I sleep on my side and just thought that I'd slept wrong. Yesterday it was worse but managable. Last night I was close to tears and up and down all night! Anyone ever had this problem? Was close to taking one of my DH pain pills! I would have if I didn't have to babysit this afternoon! Its not letting up any either! I don't even have tylenol in the house, but will be stopping to pick something up on my way to babysit!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 AM

With being diabetic and also having a history of "N"umbness(re-read your post--sorry but I had to laugh) in your legs, you really need to go to the doctor. This could be serious and is nothing to mess around with. Please call your doctor today.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
With being diabetic and also having a history of "N"umbness(re-read your post--sorry but I had to laugh) in your legs, you really need to go to the doctor. This could be serious and is nothing to mess around with. Please call your doctor today.
I second that.

If you were my DH, I would say "GET YOUR A** TO THE DOCTOR NOW!" And if you can't get an appointment for today, go to an ER or Urgent Care clinic.

It could be cellulitis, it could be blood clots, it could be phebitis. Please don't delay.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by raptureready
I second that.

If you were my DH, I would say "GET YOUR A** TO THE DOCTOR NOW!" And if you can't get an appointment for today, go to an ER or Urgent Care clinic.

It could be cellulitis, it could be blood clots, it could be phebitis. Please don't delay.
I agree, I have had all three of the above and they are nothing to fool around with! Go to your Doctor NOW!!

Better to lose the co-pay than a limb or your life.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:29 AM

Please let us know later today what your doctor said. I'll be praying for you today.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:35 AM

Bj, I echo everything the others have said...did you see my post about my brother being in the hospital? He ignores leg pain...guess where he ends up?

Please go see your doctor...it really is important!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I know you said something about baby-sitting this afternoon - go get checked this morning then -
Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 AM

Ok I get it, but I've had probs before that just vanish and were nothing. Now I'm just sounding stupid. I have to give it a few days to see what happens. I would be at the hospital every week if I didn't. I know I'm only 58 but I seem to be getting every elderly ailment early. I've had a triple by pass, my neck artery cleaned out, a stent put in....the list is long. Then there is this big problem....no insurance! I owe so many docs and hospitals so much money! I can't afford to lose this doc (for non payment) because she is so good and understanding. I have to pay upfront for any visit. Hubby just got his disability (at age47) . Oh I could go on and on! Thanks for caring everyone!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granniebj
Ok I get it, but I've had probs before that just vanish and were nothing. Now I'm just sounding stupid. I have to give it a few days to see what happens. I would be at the hospital every week if I didn't. I know I'm only 58 but I seem to be getting every elderly ailment early. I've had a triple by pass, my neck artery cleaned out, a stent put in....the list is long. Then there is this big problem....no insurance! I owe so many docs and hospitals so much money! I can't afford to lose this doc (for non payment) because she is so good and understanding. I have to pay upfront for any visit. Hubby just got his disability (at age47) . Oh I could go on and on! Thanks for caring everyone!
Do you have any "hot spots" or "lumpy feeling places" on/in your leg? (that are new and/or unfamiliar)

The cost is a big issue - but so is your leg. Do you have any nurse types that can give you advice?

I do hope this goes away on its own - but you are scaring us!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:58 AM

bj, PLEASE< PLEASE