Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah >
  • My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah

• My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah

Old 09-08-2010, 07:10 AM

I ordered from HOP & heard nothing except thanks for the $$$.No estimated delivery date, nothing.
    Decided it would be ok, as it'd been 9 days since the order & was expecting delivery any day......NOT.
    Just received a "sorry" & they "estimate " delivery in 30 days.What kind of sense does that make, when their site already says "back orders" won't be delivered?
    Thank heaven it wasn't fabric I had to have & my order is cancelled.!st & last order from HoP. Will be more cautious of all on line shops from now on & will not deal with anyplace that doesn't give estimated delivery.JMO
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 AM

well I placed an order a few days ago and haven't heard anything either, they haven't taken the money yet either. Some of the stuff I ordered was not available yet so I didn't expect it right away but I do hope they send my other stuff. I ordered from them a few years ago and didn't have any problems.
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:20 AM

I have ordered several times from them and have had no trouble at all. I suggest you call them. Maybe they are having puter problems.
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:24 AM

The e mail said they finally figured out the fabric was out of stock.After 9 days, I would think so.There was no mention of puter probs.It's ok tho, as I've had great service from other on line shops & will continue to deal with them.

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
    I have ordered several times from them and have had no trouble at all. I suggest you call them. Maybe they are having puter problems.
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 AM
    Banned

One of the things I learned after several phone calls is to never order anything that's on sale and backordered.

I've otherwise never had a problem with my orders - except they insist on addressing me by my first name - and we're total strangers.
    Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
    Power Poster

I know it's maddening to have bad customer service and once it happens it is almost a certainty for me not to order from the place again. I have ordered from Hancock's of Paducah many times and never had a problem. I do think they offer too many items that are not available for them to ship when ordered.
    Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM

I've ordered from them too many times to even remember (years) and never had a problem. I do know that many of the new fabric collections are pre-order. I also have found it to be a good rule not to order something on backorder because even tho they give an expected date of item in stock they don't really have any control over when they receive it. Then how many orders are in front of yours before they are able to process your specific order. This applies to any type of online business.

If I hadn't heard anything/received anything for 9 days after any order I make I would have been on the phone long before then. It doesn't take much to be proactive and follow up oneself on any online orders. Hancocks of Paducah is a emormous business and they run sales all the time and I imagine depending on the sale they are swamped with orders and could run out of stock on any given item.

Mistakes are made as people are only human. But for me HOP is a marvelous place to shop and my experiences with them have been wonderful.
    Old 09-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Never ordered from them but thanks for the heads up
    Old 09-08-2010, 09:09 AM

I've ordered from HOP dozens of times. I screwed up the zip code one time after I had just moved and *they* fixed my screw up!!! They recut the order and sent to me and told me to keep the other order if it ever showed up. And if I remember right it wasn't a small order either.
    Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM

I have ordered from HOP several times and had super service. Have also vitited in person and love, love, love them! For me it's the only place to shop, I can get every thing I want and need, and more, the staff has always been so nice, it is just a fun place to shop!