Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-20-2010, 06:12 AM

That is how I like to keep mine Riversong..
Old 09-20-2010, 06:28 AM

Glad I'm not alone with hubby attention 'problems'. Mine too, I get into my sewing room, start to sew and he is calling me about something. OR he will come to the sewing room door "You got a minute?" Hour later I'm back and then it's "Look what's on TV!" Sometimes I'll get one of his favorite western/cowboy movies and put that in the DVD and he is good for at least the length of the movie. Now that fishing season is almost over, it will get worse. But I am thankful, if Hubs hasn't seen me for an hour or so he will come and check on me, see if I'm ok. So that is nice. When he is hungary, he cooks, so that is super. In our first year of marriage, 38.5 years ago, that if I'm out and about, I did not take the kitchen stove or the frig with me. Hubs has learned a lot over the years. Yes, I agree, I think the phone is rigged to the sewing chair. Never fails as soon as you set down to sew, that phone will ring.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 AM

Yes my room looks horrible when I am working on a project. I think it is because I don't take time to put things away. I want to just get on withwhat I am doing. Fortunately I have a husband that can cook, clean, do dishes, wash clothes and doesn't mind doing those things. He is retired same as I and we help each other. But I still can understand where you are coming from.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Wow... This is so true! Phone, Friends and Family think that if you are sewing you aren't busy. LOL!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 AM

By the time I get my sewing room back in order at one end, the other seems to be creeping up on me again. I think I create better in chaos :)
Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 AM

Debbie, love your wall hanging. I'm somewhat a neighbor as I'm just down the road east of S'ville a bit.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 AM

My sewing room is pretty neat becase I can't stand a mess so I clean as I go or a soon as I stop for the day. My DH works alot so I am usually home alone. When I sit down to quilt my dog wants to help so he lays on my foot pedal and I have to be very careful not to mess up my project. On top of fiighting for my foot pedal that is when the phone usually starts ringing. So my biggest distraction is the phone calls with people trying to sell something that I am not nterested in or there is a recording on the other end.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 AM

I have learned that to get anything done in my sewing room, I need to only go in there to sew when the house is empty or all are asleep. I take my cordless phone to moniter any calls from the kids and sew. Of course dinner is either ready for heatup or a crockpot. The laundry has already been started. So I switch loads when I need to get up. The loads don't get folded until all are back that evening when I don't have to worry about it.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by PBCHRETIEN
My sewing room is pretty neat becase I can't stand a mess so I clean as I go or a soon as I stop for the day. My DH works alot so I am usually home alone. When I sit down to quilt my dog wants to help so he lays on my foot pedal and I have to be very careful not to mess up my project. On top of fiighting for my foot pedal that is when the phone usually starts ringing. So my biggest distraction is the phone calls with people trying to sell something that I am not nterested in or there is a recording on the other end.

Solution for the phone calls---caller ID and a phone right next to the sewing machines. Someone invariably calls when I am embroidering, gets rid of them fast when they can't talk over the noise of the machine sewing. My computer is also close to my machines, so I can be on here and be sewing too. You know you need frequent quick breaks.....
Old 09-20-2010, 09:15 AM

Wow, its funny that I ran across this post. I have been spending a lot of time in my sewing room lately. My house needs cleaning really bad, the laundry needs catching up, etc. I am beginning to feel a little guilty about sewing so much. My DH is cleaning some for me today while I am at my day job. So guess what I will be doing when I get home. My excuse is that it is getting close to Christmas again and I need to get the holiday stuff done. Sure wish I could afford a house keeper and cook.
Charlene