Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-20-2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
My sewing room goes thru seasons. One day I can walk in and it is so organized and the next day looks like a hurricane went thru it. I am currently in the Hurricane season. Hopeing to get it organized again soon.
If I had that sewing room wall hanging it would have to say-
I love my messy sewing room!!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by MrsM
Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
Solution:
Live by yourself where the whole place is your sewing room!
I don't even own a sofa; if you're coming to MY cottage, you're coming to quilt! Only my bedroom is mostly non-threaded, and even that is about to have a design wall 7' x 8' installed. LOVE IT!
Jan in VA
Yeah, just me and my 2 big dogs. I do keep all my sewing in the basement sewing studio. I have an old sewing machine in the entryway mostly as decoration. But when I am working on a project, usually a couple at a time, things get pretty messy. I always clean up before I start on a new project. Speaking of which, time to get off here and get started sewing.....
Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
While I was working on my blocks for the hot air balloon swap, it looked like one of my 'balloons' popped.

ooops!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91287[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91282.jpe  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:23 AM

I took the doors off the closet and the door to the room as they took up toooo much room. I now have a tension rod and curtain for the door. I agree when I lived alone it was where is the sofa rather than where is the project. :shock: :roll:
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 AM

My husband just does not understand my organized mess.
Everything should be where it belongs all the time according to him. I would never get anything finished that way.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 AM

Hi Debbie, I love your sewing room sign, it is so cute, would love to have one for my little sewing room. Have a great day.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
My sewing room goes thru seasons. One day I can walk in and it is so organized and the next day looks like a hurricane went thru it. I am currently in the Hurricane season. Hopeing to get it organized again soon.
I love your wall hanging. I don't have a sewing room. I use the dining room table and therefore always have to clean off a little corner for my DH and myself to eat. Then there is the corner where the iron, ironing board, and a few WIP's are stored on the floor in stacks. So my "sewing area" is almost always in a desheveled state. When company is coming I just carry it all into the guest bedroom and shut the door.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

I'm obsessive about mine. I clean up constantly.There is a place for everything and it goes there. I want it clean when I come in every morning,as I also have my computer and tv here and practically live in this room.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

Here is mine,,this is as messy as it gets...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91523.jpe  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Here is mine,,this is as messy as it gets...
Wow!!!