Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 PM

Oh, when I go to sew, everyone, including the dogs and cats want my full attention! LOL My sewing room is usually clean and orderly even when I am working on a project. I try to keep things put away when I am done using them. It doesn't always work, but I try! LOL
Old 09-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Am looking for a buzzer that triggers the darn phone.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 PM

If I stay home to sew (often go to BFF's house, only older people there), there is DGS 17mo old, arms up, "Thnewing, Mamma, thnewing!" He wants to sit in my lap and punch all the buttons while I sew.
*sigh*

thnewing is his elemental word for sewing.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:27 PM

My sewing room is spread around the house - my sewing machine lives on the diningroom table, my ironing board is in the great room, and I use the island in the kitchen for cutting. Thank goodness I have a large walk in master closet as that's where I stash everything when expecting company!! If people "pop" in unexpectly, oh well - they get to see the "real" me!!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:35 PM

If it's not the Hubby, the kids or the phone.....the dog decides he needs to go out for a walk!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

When I'm busy sewing I don't stop to do something just because DH thinks I should. He can change his thinking. I don't interrupt him during a ball game or a woodworking project. I do take the dog out but that saves me time in the long run!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM

LOL @ Caroltee response......Happens to me all the time only when i sit down to the computer for the QB, either it's knocking at the door or my cell ph going off!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:09 PM

I live alone and have a sewing room that has spread to the living room where I have my large ironing station and an end table full of hand applique. I live on peanut sandwiches and cheese and crackers, unless I eat out or get carry out. I have always said that they should come up with a pill that you can talke 3 times a day instead of cooking and eating. Wouldn't that give us so much more time to sew?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:14 PM

My problem is my 2 year old grandson. Quilting seems to be a magnet for him, and he always wants to "help".
Old 09-19-2010, 04:00 PM

my problem comes from cats, not husband--they know as soon as I pick up a needle and come running from who know where and must be petted by me and only me at that moment! How can they hear a needle going through fabric? A question for the ages!!!-----Glad to hear that more of us "Women Libbers" are taking our space back at home. No it's not selfish--it's sanity!!!!