Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-15-2010, 04:20 PM

I have been trying to get fit and lose some weight. One of the trainers at the gym suggested a website to help make sure that I am getting enough food as well as enough mild cardio. The website is www.sparkpeople.com and is free and very helpful for me.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 PM

interesting web site, thank you for sharing it
Old 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
I had a really funny start to the day today!

I've lost 42 lbs since April, and my underwear is falling off. So yesterday I ordered 2 packs of panties- a package of assorted brights and one of assorted pastels.

I got the email order summary this morning, noting
BRIEFS 1 BRIGHT ASS
BRIEFS 1 PASTEL ASS

Before I even got coffee this morning, I had my first laugh of the day!
hee hee hee!!!! And congrats on the weight loss!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Been doing well the last few days but this morning I feel blah. Maybe because it's so overcast. I'm taking my daycare kids bug catching this afternoon so spending some time outside should do me good. I've been doing well writing down what I eat and I really hope it pays off next Wednesday when I weigh myself again. Hope you all have a good day.
Writting down what I eat gave me a lot of insight. I also count calories. Now I try to plan what I'm going to eat before I eat it, it's less stressful to know my calorie intact before I consume something. At least I can make an adjustment in my day before it's to late.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Too many pages I missed I will read them another day. I thought they way I worry about you guys when someone is gone a few days someone might be worried about me. I am alive. Ears are bad, moise is driving me nuts.
Turpeach you were missed very much... We worry about our fearless leader :D {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
Praying for the ears...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Trupeach try zinc, it's what my Dr, suggssted,
Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Banned

Just checking in. Carol I have tried eveything I had surgery and nothing helps. I have something called Tullio Phenomenon, it is vertigo from sounds. This has been my life for YEARS and the reason I don't go out. My ears give my brain mixed messages. Google it to find out more about the hell I live in. Also my auditory nerve and vegas nerve in my brain are intertwined so at time by heart will race as fast as 220 beat per minute, it could explose at that rate. Since the spring a new house is being built behind mine and a house 4 houses away is being re furbished. The motors from the saws, drills etc are making me dizzy and ears clog. This has been a horrid 6 months some days/weeks worse then others. Today is Saturday the workers won't be at the houses however all the home owner will be out ith their leaf blowers since alll the leaves are falling off the trees. I don't get a repreve EVER. I can't sit to sew, my eyes don't focus to read and the sound from the TV makes it worse. I lay in bed and do nothing except check the board every once in awhile.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Trupeach I am sorry that you are having to deal with such a horrible illness that is so disabling. Now I feel bad for whinning the other day. I need to remember to be grateful for my health and family. But dang when the darn menopause kicks in my mind goes a bit haywire and I can't think straight then I go back and read and wonder what was I complaining about because life is good.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 AM

well I did go check this site out last night, this morning is the first time I "used" the site. I must say I really like the way it tracks the food you've eaten and that you can copy one meal to another day (I tend to have the same thing for breakfast). The exercise portion doesn't start till Monday, but I will update again after that. I also like the fact that they have support groups that you can choose from so that your support system has similar interests and issues with you.
Thank you again for recommending this site.
Veronica
Originally Posted by mmonohon
I have been trying to get fit and lose some weight. One of the trainers at the gym suggested a website to help make sure that I am getting enough food as well as enough mild cardio. The website is www.sparkpeople.com and is free and very helpful for me.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

What a killer today was. It was as if there were an army of leaf blowers. As soon as one stopped within 10 minutes someones else started. DD said think off all the people that go on rides in parks just to feel dizzy. She said lay in bed and just go with it. I have down that for years. I pretend I am on a ride but after hours/days of it I want to get off.

Breakfast........oatmeal
Lunch.........chili
snack........tapioca pudding and pears
dinner...........pasta with fresh tomatoes and spinach salad.

tons of coffee and tea.......no sugar a splash of fat free milk.