Your Worst Gift ?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM

first xmas ater my divorse my boys and I had xmas at my mom and dads house.I was glad that the boys had a nice xmas and were happy. I over heard my mom fuss at my dad though where was my gift. He was suppose to of picked it up at same time as the little girl our family babysat since she was 6 months old(she was 14 then).It didn't bother me until then. Not about recieving but the idea that he didn't think of his own daughter. After my stepmom died he got remarried and told me that nothing exist before them and that included me. I haven't seen him in 18 years this month.He told me that when my husband was in Desert Storm. Even then though I realized it was his lost not my family or me cause he is just damaged goods.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM

LOL - the ad at the bottom of my page is for "ZALES - the diamond store". That is too funny.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM

You are right. His loss and this board's gain. Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:44 PM

when my kids were little my now ex husband bought me a slinky sexy type negligee from Victoria's Secret (we 4 kids aready - was he nuts?) needless to say not the type of bed wear to wear when you have 4 small kids - promptly asked for the receipt and made a trip to VS - came back with a beautiful and cozy terry cothe robe - he was not happy but no more VS!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 AM

When I was about 10 years old I wanted go-go boots. The ones that went to the knee and shiney, white was what I had in mind. Imagine how happy I was when I came home one day and saw that my mom and dad bought me boots! I couldn't wait to open the box....only to discover that they bought me black, dull, short rain boots! I was so upset but they made me wear them. I think it scarred me for life. LOL
Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 AM

My worst Christmas gift - a by gone boyfriend gave me a "duster/housedress" (like Maxine wears with her curlers) LOL. Needless to say, that was the last gift he needed to give me as I broke up with him shortly after that. Oh, and yes, I "accidentally" forgot my gift at his house. Wonder who's wearing it now? XXLOL
Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 AM

thank you
Old 12-14-2010, 02:19 AM

His Mother ??

Originally Posted by Sew Krazy Girl
My worst Christmas gift - a by gone boyfriend gave me a "duster/housedress" (like Maxine wears with her curlers) LOL. Needless to say, that was the last gift he needed to give me as I broke up with him shortly after that. Oh, and yes, I "accidentally" forgot my gift at his house. Wonder who's wearing it now? XXLOL
Old 12-14-2010, 02:24 AM

I'm so sorry he put you thru such stuff.With friends ,we can find another friend,but when family things happen, it wounds the heart, never forgotten.

Originally Posted by cr12cats
first xmas ater my divorse my boys and I had xmas at my mom and dads house.I was glad that the boys had a nice xmas and were happy. I over heard my mom fuss at my dad though where was my gift. He was suppose to of picked it up at same time as the little girl our family babysat since she was 6 months old(she was 14 then).It didn't bother me until then. Not about recieving but the idea that he didn't think of his own daughter. After my stepmom died he got remarried and told me that nothing exist before them and that included me. I haven't seen him in 18 years this month.He told me that when my husband was in Desert Storm. Even then though I realized it was his lost not my family or me cause he is just damaged goods.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 AM

On our first wedding anniversary (our First!, mind you), my husband gave me a skillet (a Skillet! I tell you!) It wasn't that I didn't Need a skillet... it just wasn't on my daydreaming list. Of course, being my newlywed quiet self, I acted all excited, and I was,,, kinda sorta. Still, I held my own counsel. Fast Forward ten years... It was Christmastime and I knew he'd been wanting to paint his garage. So I wrapped a can of paint and put it under the tree. Not as payback. Just because I thought he'd be excited. Really. Turns out, for two weeks he'd been been fondling this heavy round-ish gift and had determined, being the gym-bum that he is, that is was a stack of Weights. On Christmas morning it was the first gift he opened. The peals of laughter that filled the room delighted me. Then he grew quiet and said, "This is payback for the frying pan, isn't it?" That was one of our funnest christmas mornings ever!