Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 AM

The best success I have with cravings is procrastination. I tell myself that I could have the whatever, but first I want to do something else. Usually the craving passes. With the Pepsi I have cut down from having three or four a day to one a day, and sometimes not even that. It is like a reward to myself. When I had to go on the gluten free diet I had to give up most of the foods I truly loved, so the Pepsi is my reward.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 AM

hum... if I had to give up coffee... I'd... I'd... I'd... go nuts! Oh, well... I uess I'm already nuts, so I'd... I'd... ..... <big slurp of joe>..... I'd rather not think about it, thank you very much!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 AM

Feeding my "other" addictions today. DS#1 gave me Joanns gift card for Christmas and today is teacher appreciation day! Then Barnes & Noble to buy 2 new youth fiction titles for my school library (stroking fabric & touching & smelling books... I am a sight in the stores!) and the used bookstore for me! The feeding of these addictions will hopefully help the Dessert Buffet party DH & I are going to tonight! Yes Missy I'm seriously considering putting duct tape over my mouth like in the picture you posted. Taking my own herbal tea bag, sipping, sipping, and I have made a deal with myself. I can have a very small portion of the 3 that tempt me the most. Small portion means no more than 3 normal bites. I'll do 6 small bites, savor it sip tea. I wish I thought I could just not touch anything, but I know I won't so I want to go with a plan I know I can stick to and leave successful. Also going to the whole foods store to get some real organic apple cider vinegar, one of Tru,s great suggestions.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Feeding my "other" addictions today. DS#1 gave me Joanns gift card for Christmas and today is teacher appreciation day! Then Barnes & Noble to buy 2 new youth fiction titles for my school library (stroking fabric & touching & smelling books... I am a sight in the stores!) and the used bookstore for me! The feeding of these addictions will hopefully help the Dessert Buffet party DH & I are going to tonight! Yes Missy I'm seriously considering putting duct tape over my mouth like in the picture you posted. Taking my own herbal tea bag, sipping, sipping, and I have made a deal with myself. I can have a very small portion of the 3 that tempt me the most. Small portion means no more than 3 normal bites. I'll do 6 small bites, savor it sip tea. I wish I thought I could just not touch anything, but I know I won't so I want to go with a plan I know I can stick to and leave successful. Also going to the whole foods store to get some real organic apple cider vinegar, one of Tru,s great suggestions.
Sounds like a great day to me!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Thank you guys for all the sweet replies to my post yesterday. I do feel good about trying to lose this weight on my own instead of surgery.

Today it is so cold and snowy that I will be stuck inside and I think I will watch some funny movies and nap.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Missy
Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 AM

Down 3# since the first.....

I know I can do it this time!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am still cleaning my room and found 5 new pairs of size 8 jeans from penneys the tags are still on them. they were $30 I paid $4.99 my goal is to fit into them by the end of the year.
ok trupeach1 - do not shoot me but I have a question.... since I have never participated in a FQ exchange before... Does solid include mottled, tone on tone etc.................or as it indicates strictly solid. ok..... now breathe.......
wow size 8 !!!! I don't think I was ever an 8 unless it was 8 years old. I just purchase the book "Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork" by Mike Huckabee, hoping it will give me some inspiration.
thanks for you time, Cindy
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by BMP
Missy are you considering bariatric bypass ?? I know several people who have been sucessful with the lap band and its less invasive.

I give you lots and lots of kudos for losing on your own, its a hard long road but in the end much safer than other methods. Congrats on your loss so far.

I havent dared get on the scales yet, usually I can tell if I am losing but for some reason I am not getting it yet. I am just hoping its because I have started back to regular excerise and my muscles are storing water/fluid for repair. they are certainly sore. I cant beleive how fast you can lose muscle tone, its only been a few months and I feel like its been a few years since I have worked out. I wont do this to myself again.
I went through the preliminary process to have the lap band. My mom had the lap band done 18 months ago.

I really am trying hard to do this on my own and not with surgery. I know it will take me much longer but the things that my mom has gone through is something I really do not want to happen to me.

Missy
I had bariatric bypass about 15 months ago and lost almost 80 pounds. Right now I am having a terrible time with craving sweets and the weight is starting to come back. I don't know how to fight it. I am one of the fortunate ( or unfortunate) people who got along so well and had no troubles after the surgery. I do not have the "sugar dumps" so many people get and I can eat any thing if I eat slow. The only problem is Chinese food and meat and I am fine with a few bits of that. I need help with the sugar cravings, big time!!!! Any thoughts?
Get a few phone numbers of a couple of sponsors or maybe Skype where you could sew together via the computer. I understand those cravings--- I bought some after Christmas,on sale, candy to take to work... Do you think it has made it there yet, nooooooooooooo. 1/4 of it is on my belly...............
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Down 3# since the first.....

I know I can do it this time!

HOORAYYYY for you, for losing 3 lbs. Keep up the good work! YES, you CAN do this!!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am still cleaning my room and found 5 new pairs of size 8 jeans from penneys the tags are still on them. they were $30 I paid $4.99 my goal is to fit into them by the end of the year.
ok trupeach1 - do not shoot me but I have a question.... since I have never participated in a FQ exchange before... Does solid include mottled, tone on tone etc.................or as it indicates strictly solid. ok..... now breathe.......
wow size 8 !!!! I don't think I was ever an 8 unless it was 8 years old. I just purchase the book "Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork" by Mike Huckabee, hoping it will give me some inspiration.
thanks for you time, Cindy
Tone on tone etc is fine.
I was in a size 18 however with losing 30lbs I am not sure what size I wear now. But if the rule is correct for every 10 lbs you lose you go down a size and I want to lose 30 more that would make it an 8 which is what I have clothes in so I won't even have to go shopping for new things.