Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My post wasn't meant to ruin any business! >

My post wasn't meant to ruin any business!

My post wasn't meant to ruin any business!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 AM

I am sorry if anyone took my post about letting others know about good/bad customer servie the wrong way. I only meant that it would be nice to have something of a review posted here.

It was never ever my intention for any business to shut down! I wouldn't wish that on anyone in this economy! But, as a customer, who helps pay the bills, I am not going some place and get treated nasty either. Why should I? I work hard for my money and why would I help anyone rude to me?

You don't get a good tip as a waitress/waiter if you are rude and don't do a good job. I quit going to restaurants when I had to sit more than 15 minutes for a cup of coffee and to someone to take my order.

With gas prices so high, I would like a review of quilt shops in an area. The names don't have to be put into the review, only the area,but it sure would be nice to avoid places that other customers have had bad service at.

I am an educated shopper. When I go to buy a product, I check out the customer reviews. Why? So I don't buy something that will not work. I also check out prices at stores. Why? To save money of course!

Again, it was never ever my intention for people to bash anyone or any business. Just a yes I would shop there again, or no, I wouldn't go back. That's all.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:27 AM

I agree with you, I think some just take things the wrong way. Wal mart and joanns would go out of business if everyone here really listened to all the complaints here. And how many times has someone here contacted costumer service on many sites and stores and posted it here, only to have members pat them on the back for their anger. I'm sorry that you feel you've offendd. You've done nothing any differently than others here. I think if anything if someone accused you they owe you the apology.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 AM

I can understand the Moderator's comment about not bad-mouthing LQS's, because it could be subjective. However if you're dealing with an online business and they don't send you the stuff you ordered, that isn't subjective. I think it would be doing a service to the people on this board who tend to frequent alot of the same online businesses, to let them know if something like this happens. Others might have insight as to why or it could at least let others know that there is a problem and to maybe wait before ordering anything from that particular site until the issue is cleared up.

Sorry you got a NO NO.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 AM

I didn't take it as that. I just took your post as a matter of opinion. There's fabric stores in this area that I go into even though I have friends that won't step foot into them. There's others that I don't care for and other people love. Unless it was poor quality fabric I'd always check it out for myself. We have one that specializes in what I call dark, dreary, drab colors but I still go there sometimes because she does have a few other things. I have friends that go there all the time because they LOVE the "country" colors. It's all a matter of taste.

Don't sweat your posts.

I tried to go to a store while on vacation last year that had been highly recommended by some people on this board. When I called them for exact directions and told the woman where I was on the highway, she gave me vague directions. As I got closer I called again only to find out that they had closed 15 minutes after I talked to the sales person---even though I'd told her that I was an hour away from their town and was on my way. Their store is very "off the beaten path" and DH was pretty mad that I'd wasted all that time and gas. Even though I'll be through that area again this year I won't take the time to check it out. Nor will I order from them again like I had in the past.

ps: I didn't expect them to stay open for me but if she'd just said, "You won't be able to make it here before we close..." It would have been really helpful. I even told her that I was from out of state.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

I don't think anyone was offended - but as was stated it is very subjective . Some like to be greeted as soon as they walk into a store and have help close by- others like to wonder the store and not feel someone hoovering. Is either one wrong- nope just personal preference.

Typed words can ( and often) get misinterpreted.

And lastly I have seen many posts meant to be helpful turn into a complete bashfest against stores , web sites, etc. Sometimes it is just easier to stop them before that happens :wink:
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Administrator

nobody is question your intent in particular.

too often, one member lets off steam about a bad experience. she/he has no bad intentions whatsoever.

along come those who love to pile on with their own horror stories; to pour their own anger into the topic; to send the whole thing spinning out of control with calls for boycotts, and all sorts of other extreme comments and behavior.

who ends up feeling badly? the poor member who started the thread in all innocence.

the warnings and locked topics aren't about accusing individuals.

they are preventive.