Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM

me and my husband use it through the wii, you can download a ton of shows and movies for 9 dollars a month. It would probably be worth it if you have one of the gaming systems you can put it on. We still get the DVD's but you can only get 1 at a time unless you want to pay more.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:18 PM

We love Netflix,we do dvds/some streaming on our computer. We have had it 2yrs. They have alot more instant movies now than they did before. It is definitely worth it for us. No late fees. Before netflix, renting movies would end up costing us 10-15 dollars in late fees for two movies.Something would always come up. We have a netflix routine now, one comes, we watch, mail when I drop kids at school next morning, usually receive next one 2 days later. So yes we use both ways and LOVE IT. They have a dvd that allows you to use xbox, wii and also their own streaming device.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 PM

love netflix.get the dvds and have popcorn and a movie every saturday night
Old 01-30-2011, 08:38 PM

I watch something on Netflix almost every night. I don't watch a lot of TV and I usually watch documentaries on Netflix. I have the one DVD at a time plus unlimited streaming to my laptop.

It's worth it to me. I get a DVD of newer movies that aren't online.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Power Poster

It depends on your DSL and your laptop. My laptop is very slow at downloading anything larger, like movies. Some DSL is not as fast as others too...
It sure wouldn't hurt to try it for a month :D:D:D
Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM

We are in the middle of our free month with Netflix and we will be keeping it. I was a Prison Break Junkie and have been having a marathon this past week, because they have all the seasons on it. We had the delay coming off our computer but we changed internet servers and now it is like lightening. No problems with dvd's either. They show up on time. Luv It!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 PM

We have a membership. It is great.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 AM

Best 8 Bucks a month I spend. Get it through the Wii and on my computer. Love it. They Do not have quick release of new movies, but reading about that I understand that it is going to change.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:10 AM

We have been using Netflix for over five years and have the basic $9.00 package. If you watch the DVD the same day you get it and return it the next morning, there is usually another one from your list arriving in two-sometimes three days. And my husband loves the on line movies, too. He is still finding movies to watch even after all this time. Better than cable (except for PBS channels which is about all I watch!) I rate it five stars
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 AM

I signed up for the 30 day trial last night and we watched Anne Frank...what a tear jerker at the end!

So far I am impressed by the dvd selection. However...I'm not very impressed with the watch it now selection. Every tv show I looked for is only on DVD...seems like the shows that are available to watch instantly are shows I never would have watched on tv to begin with. Am I missing something? We like to watch the crime shows, like NCIS, CSI, there are some Law and Order's on available, and we love Everybody Loves Raymond, but it's only on DVD...I have a feeling we will keep the Netflix, even for the Dvd's...still can't go wrong for $10 a month for those!