Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 PM

I believe I have everything ready for my package; will be packaging it up and getting it ready to mail on Tuesday. I made a block for my secret pal. As a newbie and first time I did this style of block. Hoping she will like it!!!

Star Block for my Secret Pal
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116476[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116471.jpe  
Old 03-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
I LOVE IT!! I've been waiting for my camera battery to charge so I could take the picture :) You sure did wonderfully putting together your first swap package.... It's everything I could have hoped for and more!
Very nice swap package. Love the colors as black and white are one of my favorite colors.

Enjoy!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM

My SP's package is just about ready to mail... One more thing and its off...going North..
Old 03-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Grammynan have you started your book yet it was a good one. I am reading the Elm Creek Quilt series now. Well It looks like packages are flying out of the P.O. Have fun
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Boy the squishys are really great this month, but then I think that every month. Stacey I love the fabric in your star, do you know what line it is from?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by grammynan
I mailed my Secret Pal's package this morning. The delivery confirmation says she should receive it on Tuesday! That seems really fast because it's going waaaayyyy across the ocean to get there!!

Who could it be going to?!! You'll just have to wait and see!!
Is it me? I am a lot of ocean away from you.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
I believe I have everything ready for my package; will be packaging it up and getting it ready to mail on Tuesday. I made a block for my secret pal. As a newbie and first time I did this style of block. Hoping she will like it!!!
It's a gorgeous block and I would love it... sigh!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Katie Ann
Originally Posted by ssnare
My secret pal loves fabric. So, guess what. I bought some fabric. Mine is a certain color that she likes. I am still putting hers together. I am looking forward to see what my secret pal sends to me, especially since my birthday is March 17th, St. Patrick's day. :lol:
My birthday is March 18th. My mother wanted me to be born on March 17th because she was half Irish. She didn't quite make it and I was born on the 18th. I've always thought that was much better because I was born on my mom's birthday. She always said I was the best birthday present she ever got. This will be my first birthday ever without my mom; I lost her last May. I have wonderful memories of my mom and my best friend. Hope you have a wonderful birthday this year!
happy birthday you march babies. my son is named patrick in honor of st paddy's day because his father was part irish and he was due on mar 17. however, he did not deign to appear until mar 28. still has a bit o' the leprechaun in him i think.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Boy the squishys are really great this month, but then I think that every month. Stacey I love the fabric in your star, do you know what line it is from?
Sorry Lauriejo. I do not know what line the fabric is from ... My local quilt store had a sale on fat quarters and I scooped up as many as I could ... Oh wait ... I have another fat quarter of the same and it has writing on it ... Yuletide Emblem - R.E.D. International Textiles. :)
Old 03-06-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by SLHughes
It's a gorgeous block and I would love it... sigh!
Thanks Sue. I love trying out different kind of blocks that are easy to do as I am a newbie. :D