Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: All 23 EQ PDF Lessons by Rhonda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapinmema View Post
    Thank you Rhonda for doing this. Got EQ 7 last year and really haven't used it much but with this info hopefully will be able to figure out what everything means. Thanks again.
    You're welcome. If I can help with any questions just ask and I'll do my best. I love my EQ and wouldn't be without it willingly.

I am back again.....this is probably very easy, but can't figure it out. I am designing a quilt with borders, and after adding 7 borders, some of them pieced blocks, I decide I need to add an extra border to the top and bottom to turn it into a rectangular layout rather than a square quilt. Make sense? So....is there a way to add a border between 2 borders that I have already set? I am resorting to deleting border 7, adding the new border to top and bottom, and then redoing the border that I deleted....let me attach a pic of what I am working on. The center block is just a representation of the actual appliqued block-I was too lazy to try to figure out how to get the actual design on there!
    I scanned and imported my first fabric last night thanks to your tutorial-but I am not going to scan the remaining fabrics...yet! I decided to add the checkerboard row to top and bottom.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That's really pretty!! As far as I know there isn't any way to add a border between ones already added. I've done the same thing - delete the borders and then add the new one then recreate the ones I deleted. I'd love to see this when you get this quilt made!

Thanks, Rhonda! I can stop trying to figure out how to squeeze in an extra border! . Here is a pic of my quilt prior to deciding to add the 9 patches to elongate it....it's been a lot of fun to design, once I took the plunge and added the first border! I am learning a lot through this project! And the colors on my screen look pretty wonky-they flow together nicely in real life! . I was trying to decide what to do with the corners....ultimately decided to add more of the border blocks.

Thank you Rhonda! You dedicated a lot of time and talent into the pdfs! I look forward to reading them!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Thank you so much! I have EQ 6 and am determined to use it this year. I've whizzed through 5 lessons because I figured that much out (most of it) on my own, but now the real work begins! Thanks so much for these!

Blog Entries
    You're welcome! I enjoy my EQ and couldn't stand to see so many floundering with it and not using it. If I can help just let me know.

I'm still looking forward to seeing that quilt when you get it done Jill

Hi Rhonda....I probably didn't make myself clear when I was asking about adding a border between 2 borders already placed.........BUT...........I was going through your lessons from the start, again, cuz they are making more sense to me now that i have played a bit, and low and behold, the answer to my question was in one of your lessons! To add a border between 2 borders already placed, just click the "insert" button on the border tab instead of "add" or "delete".......voila! I was able to play around a bit, and it works! Thank you, again!!! Hope that helps someone else with this question...

Blog Entries
    LOL Jill couldn't prove it by me! I taught myself to do some of that when I did the lessons and promptly forgot a lot of it. LOL I"m glad you figured out the answer to your question. Sorry I didn't remember that step. Good thing I wrote down the lesson as it is completely gone from my brain now. LOL

Rhonda-
    Here is my completed quilt top...I ran out of fabric, so it's "done"!
    Question....I skimmed thru my eq5 manuals, but I did not see info on how to audition quilting motifs on the designed quilt. Is that possible with this program? I want to attempt other designs on this top-I can meander and loop, now onto feathers...ha! I know no fear

Blog Entries
    That turned out gorgeous!! I love the ribbon effect in the middle. Did you use Boston blocks to make them? Just curious.

Okay I was going to tell you I didn't know how but I found it in the manual on page 54.
    You have to choose the motifs you want and put them in your sketchbook.
    To add motifs
    Click on the blocks icon
    go to the library and click on block library
    then choose motifs
    add the ones you like to your sketchbook.

Once you added them
    go to your blocks window
    click on motifs choose the one you want
    then go to the quilt.
    Hold down the shift button
    place your curser on the quilt where you want the motif and hold down the left side of mouse and draw it up to make a box. your motif will appear in the middle.

if this is confusing I can do it in pictures if you let me know.

I'm not sure if this is in the lessons I did or not. I'd have to go look to know for sure.

Ahhh....you are so smart! Thank you! The grands will be here today and tomorrow, so I will play with this on Thursday.
    Again, thank you for sharing your time and talent!

Oops...forgot....the ribbon border on my quilt is the pattern Curling Ribbons on quilterscache. Not sure if that's a boston block or not! I had some issues with the corners, but decided it looked ok and just kept going! I added the border on EQ, but I used HST, and it looked much better around the corners....but I wanted to try a new block, and it just didnt' line up quite right.

Blog Entries
    Rhonda, how cool are you????? Thanks mucho!!!!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Thanks Jill and Rhonda. I just looked in the book LOL

Jill Boston Blocks are one of my shortcut blocks I teach. I created them. I have about 8 diff shortcut pieced blocks.
    I can see the ribbon border could be made with my shortcut blocks. http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/bl...by+rhonda.html

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for doing this for us. I have had my EQ7 for several years, messed with it a couple of times and put it on the shelf. I just ordered 4 EQ with me books because I decided it's time to learn this software. I just found your lessons and I'm sure they will help me tremendously. Wish me luck and thank you again.

These tutorials got me going in EQ7 when Rhonda first posted them. It's now time for me to go back through them and refresh my training. My utmost thanks to Rhonda for helping us EQ7 challenged folks.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Hi Rhonda: I purchased the Windows EQ7 when it first came out and recently added the Mac software because I'm on it all the time so I thought I could fiddle around it at night. I have fiddled around with it some but it just sits there on my computers and stares at me. I'm so grateful to you for all your hard work to help everyone with this program!! After Christmas, my plan to to work with it so I can finally learn it.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    JoAnn

Blog Entries
    You're so welcome everyone. I didn't completely finish EQ7 as there is alot in it I don't know how to do. but the last few lessons I did I had to teach myself to do those steps so I could write the lessons. One of these days I'll get motivated to go back and do some more lessons on the rest of the bells and whistles in EQ7.

When I wrote the lessons I was using EQ5 and not using EQ7 for myself so much. I have used it now quite a bit and do enjoy some of the newer features on 7 as opposed to 5. It's all a learning game!!

Glad you all enjoy the lessons. There are PDF lessons put out by EQ but I still think they are a bit confusing.

Blog Entries
    thanks, rhonda, for doing all of this for the members
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nan and you are all welcome. I love to share and when I see someone struggling with something I can do I want to help. Quilting is sharing in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Sorry I'm coming in at the tail end of this.....I have EQ 7. So these lessons are based on 5? I am totally ignorant of this software. Will these lessons be confusing if I try using them with 7?
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

You are amazing Rhonda! Great job and thank you so much!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I wrote these lessons for all 3 versions. I show EQ5 but if and when 6 or 7 is different I show pics of that version as well. so if I tell you to click on something you should be able to find it in the same place as the picture posted no matter the version you are using. up until about half way through the lessons all 3 versions are the same.

If you are confused just pm me or write it here and I will help you as best I can. I'm no expert just shared what I know how to do. If I don't know the answer sometimes someone watching will help out also. Calling the company has solved many questions also. They are really helpful nice people.

Please explain

Could some one tell me what is this.is it a software. Thanks Lori

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast