Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: All 23 EQ PDF Lessons by Rhonda

Blog Entries
    Lori it is software that lets you design your own quilts or quilt blocks and it has lots of ways to do that from piecing to applique to paper piecing. I make all of my design pics on it.

Along with everyone else, I thank you for taking your time to do this in the first place and then re-posting at least a couple of times. You Rock!
    June

Blog Entries
    Thanks June. I love the EQ software and highly recommend it. I enjoy helping others and sharing info.

Blog Entries
    Rhonda,
    Where can I get this program from?
    Thank you,
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Here is the cheapest I found. It is on Ebay. You can buy this software through the EQ site for $189.95

I found it here for $138.27 New with free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1915389...763&rmvSB=true

If you don't do Ebay just search for EQ7 on any search engine and several sites will pop up.

Blog Entries
    I ordered mine through my local quilt shop. They can help you if you need help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much. Marcia

Rhonda, I feel stupid with eQ7 so I will be happy to go through your lessons. I have found that when I open up my EQ7, I don't have squares that come up as a grid for a new project but hexagons. How do I get squares? Is that covered in your lessons?
    Happy Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz View Post
    Rhonda, I feel stupid with eQ7 so I will be happy to go through your lessons. I have found that when I open up my EQ7, I don't have squares that come up as a grid for a new project but hexagons. How do I get squares? Is that covered in your lessons?
    I am not Rhonda, but the best bet is to start going through her lessons. You will learn some things for sure. The next thing is, if you don't have an EQ manual, then you need to go to the EQ website and download it. http://electricquilt.com/?s=manual The download is free, if you want a printed copy, it is available too.

Also, EQ has some really good lessons and videos if you click on Videos.

There are several good books on the EQ website that are very helpful. http://electricquilt.com/online-shop...-lesson-books/

EQ is not intuitive for most people. It was a steep learning curve for me and I have had it for years and just scratched the surface of what it can do.

Good luck!
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Blog Entries
    I thought I answered this. must have been a pm maybe LOL

Yes the first lesson should have this info in it.

You just need to change the quilt type to a horizontal quilt instead of diagonal.

Click on Worktable
    click on Quilt
    Click on Quilt Tab
    Click on new
    Click on Horizontal quilt.

if you need anything Bonni you know I'm here for you.

I agree with all of the above. I took a class from Toby Lischko and she was wonderful teacher. Butttt you forget stuff along the way when you go back to use some of the things. Good to have these to refresh your memory. thanks again.

Blog Entries
    i wrote these lessons because I saw so many people struggling to understand the manual. In my opinion the manual is hard to follow. I also think the manual doesn't put the lessons in the right order. It was hard for me to find things in the manual.

I write patterns and tutorials and when I do I use screen shots and show each and every step. the manual doesn't do this. I have looked at the videos they offer but the PDFs I posted can be downloaded so you can refer to the pictures as needed.

I had the gal at EQ look at my tutorials and she approved them. She said she understood why people liked them.

Of course I didn't go all the way through the EQ7 manual. there are a lot of things I didn't address that is offered in the EQ7. One of these days I'll go back and finish it up.

Mostly I just like to help people. and I love love love my EQ and wanted others to enjoy it too.

Thank you! You are so generous to share with us.

Thanks Barb! That's good to know information.
    Happy Quilting!

Thanks! I'll go look at it when I return to work. I don't think I have it loaded on the home computer. I know you can have 2 actives programs of it at a time but I need to find out if I have one or two active now. LOL. THAT I know how to do. EQ Customer Service is great with that.
    Happy Quilting!

Thank you! Have you previously posted for Weeks 1-5? I don't see those listed here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpepperm37 View Post
    Thank you! Have you previously posted for Weeks 1-5? I don't see those listed here.
    when I posted the first PDFs they posted backwards. so you'll see the 1 - 5 in the bottom half of the first list of PDFs.

If anyone has any problems with any of the PDFs just let me know and I can send you the pdf(s) by email if need be.

Rhonda,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a wonderful resource!

Blog Entries
    YOU are a dear. I've been reading yours and Kari Schells and getting better every day.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Blog Entries
    You're welcome! I enjoy helping others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
    YOU are a dear. I've been reading yours and Kari Schells and getting better every day.
    Thanks Tucky I'm happy you get something out of the tutorials.

Eq8

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    You're welcome! I enjoy helping others.
    Do you enjoy it enough to do another version for EQ8? 😉

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetysue View Post
    Do you enjoy it enough to do another version for EQ8? 😉
    Very likely. It will depend on how much differences there are. It may be just some updates to add to the original set of tutes. When I did those all 3 versions shared a great deal of the same functions. so 8 may not take too much to add the new features in a tutorial(s)

There are some features in 7 I never covered. I did intend to go back and learn them so I could finish the book into my version of the tutorials. I am a visual learner and the manual does a fair amt of pictures but not enough in my opinion. It is frustrating trying to learn when the manual's directions don't make sense to you. I like to break it down differently than they do.

Maybe when 8 comes out I'll have a try at putting the new into tutorials.

I love my EQ and I don't like to see people struggle with it or give up on it because they can't understand it. Not using it because it doesn't fill your needs is one thing but not using it because it seems like greek is a waste in my opinion. And if I can bridge that gap I want to.

I'd be lost without my EQ. I'd definitely not have the designs I've developed. I might have come up with some but not as efficiently I'm sure.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5