Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Backing Binding AKA Self Binding a quilt

Thank You I will have to try this on my quilt that I need to finish quilting.

Thank you Mary Anna. That was great. Your tut was easy to follow and added information I did not know and would have made a mess if you had no brought it to my attention. I decided I would like to add gathered lace to the turnover edging. Can I sew it on at the same time as doing the edging or should I add it as a next step?

Thank you for the tute. Very informative and a nice way to finish a quilt. I will try this method next time I bind a quilt.

This is the way I learned many years ago and I really like it. If someone is doing a complete hand quilt I think the other way may be important but for every day quilting this is great. I always tied my quilts also could not afford the time or money to quilt or have them quilted now I finally have to machine quilts that I had quilted and still have not done the border. Hope to get them done this year but time is running out thanks for posting this.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by irma tapia
    I like the mitered corners better. It's a little more work to attach the binding but in the end I think it looks better in front, you don't have the edge of the binding showing on the top of the quilt.
    You can actually do a mitered corner with the self binding, I've seen that as well! Whatever works for you is great!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    I was so glad to see this. I'm self taught and did it this way for years. I mitered the corners, but always felt I was cheating and was ashamed to show my work to ''real'' quilters. Now I feel so much more happy with my otherwise good work. Thank you! :-) :-) :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2