Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Card Tricks Block using stripes >

Card Tricks Block using stripes

Card Tricks Block using stripes

Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM

I am going to attempt a square today...when I finish I'll post it.....
Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 AM

I did cut out a square yesterday. I will have scraps for my Boston Blocks....it did take me a couple wrong cuts, but I finally did get it right. I'm waiting to put it together because I cut out white backround, and not sure, but I think I want an off white, or beige. Also I want to get more fabrics to match the colors of fabric that I have. I just used a few ugly fabrics, that could be beautiful with the right coordinating fabric. This will take some time trying to find. But it will be worth the wait.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I did cut out a square yesterday. I will have scraps for my Boston Blocks....it did take me a couple wrong cuts, but I finally did get it right. I'm waiting to put it together because I cut out white backround, and not sure, but I think I want an off white, or beige. Also I want to get more fabrics to match the colors of fabric that I have. I just used a few ugly fabrics, that could be beautiful with the right coordinating fabric. This will take some time trying to find. But it will be worth the wait.
I totally agree about taking time to find what you like and will work. Also agree about it being worth the wait. I was still finding fabrics for future blocks even after I had already made a few. I just took it one block at a time. Still finding fabrics that I "should have" used! Have all my blocks done now, and sewn together with the first border.
I will go to the LQS to buy my outer border on Saturday. I hope they still have what I had in mind for it. It was there last month. But last month I hadn't decided that I wanted it for the border.

Thanks for taking the time to try a block and posting about it. I look forward to your progress.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM

I think they are so neat, But I wouldn't have any idea how to sew them. Sorry, I'm a newbee! But those are really neat! I bookmarked this post, just in case I get more experieinced.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Absolutely beautiful and stunningly exciting. Your new one is fabulous JenniePenny, so glad I found this thread, definitely on my to do list (guess I can run simultaneously with Dear Jane?). Have just finished buying stripes for a project and was wondering what to do with left overs, 'cept now I will have to buy more interesting companion prints. Guess I have to keep on working to pay for this habit! LOL
ozecb
Old 09-25-2010, 06:10 AM

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!! Thanks for the tute!! I can't wait to try this!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:22 AM

Thanks everyone for the recent interest. I'd be very happy to help anyone individually. This new one is awaiting her 'debut.'
Old 09-26-2010, 08:07 AM

You have just solved my mystry with this pattern. Your last picture finally clicked in my brain after seeing your fabrics laid out in a mannerly way. Thank you so much for helping those less talented to see these pretty patterns can be done by someone who is not a master quilter. I purchased the expensive acrylic templates but could not get the full picture in my mind. Your are the best for sharing your knowledge with us.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Just found this tutorial, great just what I need........love your quilt by the way!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 AM

I'm new to the board and just found this tutorial. I can't wait to try this! It caught my eye just in time as I am planning a fabric buying trip to Atlanta soon. Now I know what to look for and how I'll spend my money!
Thank you for this GREAT idea!