Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Card Tricks Block using stripes >

Card Tricks Block using stripes

Card Tricks Block using stripes

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Thank you Marvlin, Crlyn, and Darlin121. Welcome to the board, by the way!

My second quilt is done. And oh, boy, is she pretty! My plan was to make this one prettier than the first, and I really think I have accomplished this. I'm talking goosebumps here. I'm at work and picked up the quilt up on my lunchbreak from the long-arm quilter. Can't wait to take a picture for all of you. My long-arm quilter, whom I'll call "Rose" loved the quilt so much she called up our LQS (where she does hired work for the store samples and drums up business) and said to the owner "You have got to see this quilt, and you have got to let her teach a class here!" I will bring the quilt in to the LQS this Saturday to see if they would hire me to teach a class, but I am so grateful for the nudge from Rose.
So that might be the next chapter in my quilting story.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 AM

You got my attention !! Will watch for further instructions on this project....always thought this this was an awesome pattern.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Congratulations, I'm sure they'll take you on for that class, pity I wasn't a bit more local. I'm sure you've cause a surge in sales of striped fabrics, just got my first lot of fabrics in from quiltshops.com and I'm well pleased. Now you shall have to create something else or us to use our excess stripes on! Cheers, CarolB
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 AM

Dear Jennypenny, Your tutorial is great. Appreciate all the work you did to instruct the rest of us. I have been quilting for over 10 years and still had not mastered the 1/4 in foot until my daughter gave me the quarter inch foot that has the little piece of metal on the right side that keeps the seamtress from wandering off the row. My seams are 99% better now. You will never regret getting one if you are having trouble with those quarter inch seams.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 AM

Fantastic!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Thank you Marvlin, Crlyn, and Darlin121. Welcome to the board, by the way!

My second quilt is done. And oh, boy, is she pretty! My plan was to make this one prettier than the first, and I really think I have accomplished this. I'm talking goosebumps here. I'm at work and picked up the quilt up on my lunchbreak from the long-arm quilter. Can't wait to take a picture for all of you. My long-arm quilter, whom I'll call "Rose" loved the quilt so much she called up our LQS (where she does hired work for the store samples and drums up business) and said to the owner "You have got to see this quilt, and you have got to let her teach a class here!" I will bring the quilt in to the LQS this Saturday to see if they would hire me to teach a class, but I am so grateful for the nudge from Rose.
So that might be the next chapter in my quilting story.
Which store is it? I may have to take the class!! :) :)

Rachel
Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis

Rachel
Hi Rachel!
Pine Tree Quilt Shop, in Salem! Thank you!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 AM

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I was so inspired by your work that I decided to try this quilt myself. I just got offlinr from ordering some striped fabrics that I hope to use. I'll post pictures as I go along so you can see.
Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by athenagwis

Rachel
Hi Rachel!
Pine Tree Quilt Shop, in Salem! Thank you!
Cool, that is a cute shop, I have only been there once but they seemed super nice!! Let me know if you do end up teaching a class there!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM

JennyPenny, I stumbled into your tutorial on Card Tricks and I absolutely fell in love with it. I put it in my favorites and hope I continue to receive updates, since I'm just at the point of looking for fabric. You have both created a beautiful block AND created interest for a lot of quilters looking for something unusual and beautiful. Thanks and wish me luck in finding some great border prints. Belles