Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric covered needlework box

Really great tute Lesley! I love all the boxes and anyone would love recieving one!

Wonderful boxes. I think you instructions are wonderful with the pictures. I think I could make one of these! Thanks.

I really hope to do them for gifts. Just have to remember the supplies when I am out. I am going to use graft paper to draw my hexagons as I don't have any Templars in the right color.

That is also a good idea for du as well. If I get them done I will be sure to post pictures.

Blog Entries
    CB..I can't wait to see yours, you do such beautiful work!

This is out of what I usually do but I tend to do a lot of things with my hands, I guess I should get on it soon if they are to be done by Christmas,

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see them Cutie

I just love your sewing bow I just might make some for Christmas presants.there is a few other quilters in my family an i think they just might like that box. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The box is really beautiful and I love hexagons anyway. I bought a square version of this in London a few years ago. It came filled with thimble, needles, thread, small scissors and even has a small rabbit attached by a ribbon, I guess to use as a pincushion or needle sharpener. (I'm not sure...) It is a great memento of our trip, but I think yours is more beautiful!!! Thanks for the tute. :-D

I have wanted to try this , and now I can just need to decide on the mateial I want to use, got to go shoping again, thank you for the instructions, you are super.. :lol: :lol: :-P

Banned
    how cool. thanx

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I have the templates but have been toooo afraid to make one. Now I can't wait to get started :!:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    I really hope to do them for gifts. Just have to remember the supplies when I am out. I am going to use graft paper to draw my hexagons as I don't have any Templars in the right color.
    Cutie, if you want a hexagon 8 inches across, use a compass. Open it to 4 inches, and draw a circle. Then put the point of the compass on the circle, and make a small mark with the pencil, four inches away, also on the circle. Put the point of the compass where the mark bisects the circle, and make another mark on the circle four inches away. Continue around the circle until you have six marks. Join them up from mark to mark and you have a hexagon with four inch sides. No graph paper needed.

Well done to everyone who also intends to make one, I hope you will all post here when they are done. And thank you to all who thought they actually could make one from what I have said and pictured. The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

Lesley, I have started to make one as a gift and must congratulate you on the very clear and concise directions. It has been really easy so far. I am up to the point of sewing the box lid together, making the pockets, and elasticated pieces and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Lesley, I have started to make one as a gift and must congratulate you on the very clear and concise directions. It has been really easy so far. I am up to the point of sewing the box lid together, making the pockets, and elasticated pieces and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Elle
    Wow, Elle, you are my first!!!!! Thank you for letting me know. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Pics as soon as possble please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Elle
    Wow, Elle, you are my first!!!!! Thank you for letting me know. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Pics as soon as possble please.
    No pressure then UH.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Elle
    No pressure then UH.

Elle
    None at all Elle, well none that you can't cope with, you seem to do your best work when under pressure, if my IRR is anything to go by!

:D :D :D Does seem that way

Blog Entries
    Pressure???? You under pressure Elle??? No never...cool as a cucumber 8-) :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Pressure???? You under pressure Elle??? No never...cool as a cucumber 8-) :lol:
    OK, Patti, where are the pics of your box you are working on?

Blog Entries
    Me???....Moi????? Did I say I had started one???? I do soo want to do one. I don't have any mat board here...hmmm....wonder if shoe box cardboard will work?

Blog Entries
    Me???....Moi????? Did I say I had started one???? I do soo want to do one. I don't have any mat board here...hmmm....wonder if shoe box cardboard will work?
    If that's all I had, and I really wanted to make a box, then I would make the shoe box work. For the top, I would stick two same size hex's together for strength, I think the brim would probably be OK in single thickness, and all other parts have two pieces of fabric covered card stuck together, back to back. Ball in your court Patti.

I used a piece of cardboard that came with a parcel. I spied also the ideal thing, I think, the large boxes used for Soap Powders. I am sure they would work great.

Blog Entries
    I used a piece of cardboard that came with a parcel. I spied also the ideal thing, I think, the large boxes used for Soap Powders. I am sure they would work great.
    I don't see why not, Elle, the large soap box card is quite sturdy, though it might perfume your needlework box for a little while, so pick one you like the smell of.

I used a piece of cardboard that came with a parcel. I spied also the ideal thing, I think, the large boxes used for Soap Powders. I am sure they would work great.[/quote]

I don't see why not, Elle, the large soap box card is quite sturdy, though it might perfume your needlework box for a little while, so pick one you like the smell of.[/quote]

Ooops didnīt think of that will go and have a smell lol

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast