Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A GIFT for you for your encouragement this month!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jan for the pattern and directions! Those colors are vibrant and happy. Wishing you all the best in your continued recovery. It's good to see you back with us! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of the islands. You are wonderful to share this with us.

Lynn
    Start the Process
    Don't fail because you
    are afraid to
    Start the Process

Glad you are better. These are totally not my colors. I can see it in different colors.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thank You Jan. I am a newbie when it comes to bright colors but this looks like something I would like to do. Nice picture to draw the colors from.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Thanks, Jan! So bright and cheery! Glad to hear you are recovering well and back to your creating again. Have a blessed week!
    Thimble and Thread

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. Took a photo of it. Will see what I can do when I can do. Prayers from the gulf for a great recovery!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Here is the block for you.
    I think it is fairly self explanatory but if you have problems PM me or post here, as someone else may have the same question.

Thank you, friends!

Jan in VA
    Jan, I was not on for sometime and am very glad you are recovering. Wasn't aware of your surgery! I too am so glad you are back. I always am very interested in your comments and have learned so much from your quilting wisdom. Thank you!!!

What a wonderful picture. Such bright, happy colors. Love the block, too.

Jan, so nice to know you are doing better. I can sure see how this is inspirational. Love all those bright colors, and ladies look happy. Thanks for the block pattern too.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Just goes to show that you can't keep a good woman down, or even slow her for very long. Thank you so much for your project. That photo is incredible.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the block. So very glad to hear you are on your way to recovery. Very happy that all those prayers sent your way did wonders. Always read your posts especially when you post the pictures of certain blocks and how they are broken down into sections. Stay well
    Fran

Blog Entries
    Thank you Jan.. I am so glad you're feeling better and are able to get on the computer.. I know shoulder surgery is not fun, with a lot of physical therapy involved.. My sweet MIL had it but just didn't want to do the therapy.. That was not a good idea as it turned out. So painful or not, just do it. Then come back to that beautiful quilt you've planned.. I'm off to look in my stash and see what bright colors I have. Thank you again!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...AC3300A534.png Life is good when you're busy with babies.

Love, love, love it Jan! Putting it on my bucket list! Hope you are having a great day in Virginia today.

Jan, you really are such a sweet and sharing person, with your knowledge, encouragement, and kind words, always. So happy that your recovery has turned out well, and again thank you for your gift, and sharing of your knowledge.
    Anne

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Jan. I have been pondering over a yellow quilt for a week or so, and if I can figure out how to get your pattern printed, I'll be using it for a quilt for my GGD's birthday, coming up soon. I'm going out to my sewing room right now, quitting the forum until tonight, and find all the fabric to get started.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Thank you, Jan! It makes me smile just to see those colors and the block design shows them up beautifully. It's also neat to see how you were able to use an attractive picture as inspiration.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

cjr
    so good to see you posting again. You have been missed
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

That will be just perfect to make little quilts to send out for babies in Africa.I belong to a craft group and they are all knitting little sweaters for so called 'salt and vinegar' babies. These are newborns who are taken home wrapped in paper because the mothers cannot afford baby clothes. I really can't knit so I thought maybe little quilts to wrap them in. I really don't work with vibrant colours but I will buy some for this project, the colours of their country.( Salt and vinegar) because here in the U.K. before 'health and safety' took over, that was how fish and chips were taken home, wrapped in newsprint! Oh dear showing my age --- still a much more carefree time I think. Love Letty x

Thank-you for the pattern, I am glad to hear that you are improving. I have always been inspired by your posts and will try to make this quilt to share with you. Again thank you for sharing with us your grace and knowledge and wisdom.

Power Poster
    It's a beautiful block, great design. Hope you continue to mend after your surgery. I know it can be tough, I'm just beginning to quilt again after having a badly torn rotator cuff repaired, not fun, but I'm so much better. Hope you continue to feel better and better. Take care of yourself.

So glad to hear from you and know that you are doing better.

Your quilt idea is wonderful! The colors are outside my usual, especially the orange, but you inspire me to try it!

Thank you Jan! So glad you are better!!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Delighted this has appealed to many of you! Now I can hardly wait to see some blocks or a quilt or two!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Jan, I can't play along until I get my computer back and the Geek Squad helps me figure out how to post pictures. But, I wanted to let you know I love the color way even though it is out of my comfort zone. I also love the photo, the women are so colorful, they look happy with their big bowls of fruit. Is it a historical photo or one from recent years. It would be interesting to know where women dress like this.

Jan,
    So glad you are feeling better. Thank you so much for the block. I love the bright colors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast