Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A GIFT for you for your encouragement this month!

Jan,I love it. Thanks so very much for taking the time to do this for us all. So glad that you are bouncing back .Take care.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Thanks Jan ....so glad that you are on the road to recovery!

Thanks so much Jan, I love the picture and think you are right about a quilt in those colors! Glad you are on the road to
    recovery!

SMR
    Really like this block and think it will work for something I'm working on--donations for a Relay for Life benefit. I think I'be figured out the measurement of the cut size for center background of the outer star but thought I'd check with you before I cut. Should those pieces be cut 3 X 3.5 or are they cut 3 X 3. To get square it seems like they should be 3 inch squares but marked to finish 2.5 X 3.
    Thankful to still be here.Someone upstairs must still have a plan for me.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    Really like this block and think it will work for something I'm working on--donations for a Relay for Life benefit. I think I'be figured out the measurement of the cut size for center background of the outer star but thought I'd check with you before I cut. Should those pieces be cut 3 X 3.5 or are they cut 3 X 3. To get square it seems like they should be 3 inch squares but marked to finish 2.5 X 3.
    SMR,
    The parts of the block you are referring to are NOT square, they are actually slightly rectangular! So, yes, they are to be cut at 3.5" x 3".....can't *believe* I missed that measurement on the right side of the graphic!!!!

(Of course, with that said, you could absolutely cut them at 3.5" square. It will make a larger block that has more "float" for the points of the main star. I didn't care for this amount of background fabric in the block so that's why I "trimmed" around the block to create the rectangular star point sections.)

THANK YOU for asking the question!! As I am not yet cutting fabric and sewing, I did not test drive this block before submitting it to you all. #colormeembarrassed#

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Tks for the wonderful design. You are always so giving & your instructions are the best, clear, simple to understand & concise. So glad to see you feeling better & well on the road to a full recovery.
    Dance like no one is watching

Jan, so happy your feeling good now, just don't get carried away and over tired. I love your colors in the block, should make an interesting quilt.

thanks again for all you do for us... so glad your surgery is done and you are well... love the quilt pattern colors...

Thanks, Jan! Glad your recovery is going well! The photo that gave you inspiration is so happy and colorful - I love the design and colors in your block!
    Rilène

Love the colors!! Keeping this with my blocks to attempt to complete. I am a newbie and I hope to be able to follow this!! Thank you for sharing!!

Thank you Jan, glad to hear you are feeling better. Love the pattern and am printing it out now.

Thank you for the block! It will be fun to make it in those colors. Hope your recovery is smooth.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

It's a lovely block. When I finish my current quilt I'm going to be making an African themed one from the Celebrating African Women range. This will be an excellent block to use in it. Thank you. I hope you are well soon.

YEA! I love it. Thank you so much. I actually have a quilt made from your directions for a previous project. There was a young girl here who wanted to make a quilt from a barn block for her wedding. You gave the dimensions etc. here for her. I made a stunning quilt from your easy to follow directions. I can't wait to give it a go from this one. Thanks again!

Thank you for the block....love it...will post when I do it!!
    There is no place like home!

Thank you Jan for such a great inspiration! I love the idea of using a picture you love for the color of a block. And the block you posted is great. I'm not sure how soon I will get to it but I am going to make it.

Will be checking back regularly to see what people do with this block, and or colors. Thank you and sure do hope you will be fully recovered soon.

Thank you Jan and hope you heal quickly.

Thanx Jan, the color ways possible with that picture are amazing. Just the color alone makes you want to smile and get on with it. Great inspiration

Blog Entries
    Jan, Keep taking care of yourself and the healing fairy will grace you and we won't have to make this quilt for you.

Really, Thanks for showing this picture and creating the block color placement. I am anxious to see what people come up with. What a bright show it will be.

This is going to be fun.

I love the picture and the bright colors the women wear. The fruit looks so refreshing in this hot picture.

Since my plate is already overflowing I might as well pile this on top. It will be like the cherry atop an Ice cream float!
    I'll get started right away.

Take care!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

hope you are doing better..What a nice thing to do.... I love the block... I want to make a star quilt with all different stars. this will definitely be one of them.. thank you... feel better.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
    YEA! I love it. Thank you so much. I actually have a quilt made from your directions for a previous project. There was a young girl here who wanted to make a quilt from a barn block for her wedding. You gave the dimensions etc. here for her. I made a stunning quilt from your easy to follow directions. I can't wait to give it a go from this one. Thanks again!
    HEY! You can't tell me that and then not show a picture of it!!!! Cough it up girl!
    I'll bet we'd all love to see it, Maryellen2u, I hope you have a photo.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Great design, Jan. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    “Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."
    Garrison Keillor

I just found this! I saved the pattern, its next on the cutting table! Thanks Jan! Glad your feeling better!

Okay I made this block, now let me say that this is WAY OUT of my comfort zone in a couple of ways. First would be the color. Now Jan don't take this personally but I don't like the color orange. I only have about 7 in my stash. Second its has a modern feel to it. I don't normally make modern. But I thought it was so nice of Jan to take the time to share and I really like the picture of the ladies. So I'm making this quilt. Not sure that I'll stay with the fabrics I used, but it was all I had on hand. Most of my stash is brights. I think this pattern would be better with batiks or muted colors. All in all I had fun putting it together. Another thought I had was if it were made scrappy. Thanks so much Jan for inspiring me to work with orange! So glad you didn't add purple to the mix!....LOL! Although I do have more purple than orange!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast