Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Izy's Folded Fabric Tutorial!

You said it was easy but I couldn't visualize how easy. Thanks so much. Good reason to play in my stash looking for just the right fabric.

Blog Entries
    Izy, you're a doll for doing this. I wouldn't have figured it out without the tutorial. Thanks for taking the time for us. It's a great technique.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by megs0863
    Izy, you're a doll for doing this. I wouldn't have figured it out without the tutorial. Thanks for taking the time for us. It's a great technique.
    You are all so welcome, I hope it makes the process easy for all of you who wants to try this

:thumbup:

Great tute! Thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    Don't know how I missed this one before but I'm sure glad you did the tute just so I could see the pillow!! (But will copy tute, too!)
    At 11 pages of comments, it certainly is an eyecatcher!
    Goody, something new to play at!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Don't know how I missed this one before but I'm sure glad you did the tute just so I could see the pillow!! (But will copy tute, too!)
    Yep, seems to be something everyone fancies having a go at and why not, it's great fun - that's why I have made the tute, so go on and have a play soon! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank You for this tut!!! I just couldn't figure out what you meant about the background fabric in your earlier post. Pictures make all the difference in the world. I have bookedmarked this & I think I'll make one to match my bluebonnet quilt!

Blog Entries
    thank you so much for taking the time to make the tute....very helpful and it looks real easy...going to look for fabrics to make it.

SMR
    Thanks for tute. Written directions just weren't sinking in but the pictures are perfect, some days I,m more of a visual learner. Will bookmark and try as soon as clear sewing space by finishing atleast one project.

Blog Entries
    Lol Izy...I love that I hear your English accent in your writing. I sure hope y'all don't hear my south Texas one! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Yep, seems to be something everyone fancies having a go at and why not, it's great fun - that's why I have made the tute, so go on and have a play soon! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you for your time and talent! This is a great "tute".

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the time you took to share this with us on the QB. I love looking to see what other's show us.♥♥

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by PKWard
    Lol Izy...I love that I hear your English accent in your writing. I sure hope y'all don't hear my south Texas one! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Why I surely do an'all, you folk's take care now and have a nice day!! Hmmm...guess I am no good at doing an Southern accent after all..in fact, don't think it sounds like ANY accent Tee hee!! :roll: :D :lol: :-D ;-)

I'm going to try this on the side of a purse--just need the time!

Blog Entries
    Izy another huge thank-you for taking the time to post the lesson. I am a visual learner and even then it sometimes is confusing. As I was reading through your posts I almost gave up because it still wasn't making sense but your last couple of pictures of the end results the light bulb finally came on...to no fault of your own, you gave wonderful directions, sometimes my brain just has a hard time catching on but now that I totally understand I can't wait to try it.
    Huge thank-you
    dee-ut.

Thank you so much for the tutorial. It is so well done and easy to understand. I have definitely put this on my to do list, and as soon as I can get some Christmas sewing out of the way, I will try it. In fact, maybe I will make a pillow or two for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by piepatch
    Thank you so much for the tutorial. It is so well done and easy to understand. I have definitely put this on my to do list, and as soon as I can get some Christmas sewing out of the way, I will try it. In fact, maybe I will make a pillow or two for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh I think this pattern would look very classy using christmas fabric...thank-you for the idea, for sure this project is getting closer to the top of my to do list.
    dee

Quote Originally Posted by ka9sdn
    I'm going to try this on the side of a purse--just need the time!
    I have been sitting here thinking the same thing ka9sdn! Wouldn't this be pretty on a purse? I guess you would have to be careful not to squish (Is that a word?) the pleats though! :)

Thank you for sharing! I like it a lot. :)

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    love the look o this. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    I have a pleated quilt pattern simular to this " wave" technique I just love it. It is very easy and always gets tons of compliments. ( it uses 1 inch gingham)

I love the thought of using this technique on an ottoman.. great job. Your boo boo's may be have been mistakes to u. but they were great learning exhibits for us!

Thanks for doing tutorials
    This is very similar to the technique that came out a few years ago for the serger. I think Clotilde introduced her idea. Great tut and excellent for my ASG group to do. Thanks.

Izy, do you mind telling us what interfacing you used? You may have already posted that information, and if so, I apologize for asking, but my feeble eyes didn't see it. :)

Blog Entries
    Great tute. Thanks.

Two thumbs up!! This looks great, I like the idea of making a tote bag!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tute! Anxious to try this!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast