Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   16 Dec 2011 Mysi's Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/16-dec-2011-mysis-mystery-t83275.html)

tomilu 12-23-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
As of yet.. after Christmas.. :) Thinking the 30th... that will be as good as any start. HUGS!

Missy

I have a house full of family until the 30th. I may not even be able to go through my stash until then.

mysikaanne 12-23-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
As of yet.. after Christmas.. :) Thinking the 30th... that will be as good as any start. HUGS!

Missy

I have a house full of family until the 30th. I may not even be able to go through my stash until then.

Come when you get ready Tomi! We'll be waiting for you. :)

Missy

tomilu 12-23-2010 10:36 AM

I have a house full of family until the 30th. I may not even be able to go through my stash until then.[/quote]

Come when you get ready Tomi! We'll be waiting for you. :)

Missy[/quote]

Looking forward to it, Missy

:lol:

montanajan 12-23-2010 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How will we be notified of what to cut/sew? I am new to this forum & to doing a mystery quilt - found a focus fabric i like. but having a 'devil of a time' coming up with coordinates - may abandon & start over :+(. Here is the original I thought I'd use - help!

Short an Sweet 12-23-2010 01:42 PM

boy I see so many options for co-ordinates, beautiful fabric

Originally Posted by montanajan
How will we be notified of what to cut/sew? I am new to this forum & to doing a mystery quilt - found a focus fabric i like. but having a 'devil of a time' coming up with coordinates - may abandon & start over :+(. Here is the original I thought I'd use - help!

luvTooQuilt 12-23-2010 02:09 PM

Wow, you have So many options..

~The teal and brown fabric would be a nice coordinating fabric..
~A teal blender..
Just my opinion.

montanajan 12-23-2010 02:19 PM

Should my coordinates be solids? That is one of the things puzzling me - will it get too 'busy' if the coordinating fabrics have any pattern in them? I rarely use plain solids - not sure what to do with this. And I've never made a large quilt - if I can do this, I'll put it on our bed. Thanks for your suggestions already - more welcome!

montanajan 12-23-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
boy I see so many options for co-ordinates, beautiful fabric

Solids or blenders or other prints - suggestions needed!

Short an Sweet 12-23-2010 02:27 PM

a small pattern probably wouldnt detract from that gorgeous focus and a tone on tone pattern wouldnt either I would look for COLORS that go first, patterned or not and from there you can see how you like other patterns with it

Should my coordinates be solids? That is one of the things puzzling me - will it get too 'busy' if the coordinating fabrics have any pattern in them? I rarely use plain solids - not sure what to do with this. And I've never made a large quilt - if I can do this, I'll put it on our bed. Thanks for your suggestions already - more welcome!

montanajan 12-23-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Wow, you have So many options..

~The teal and brown fabric would be a nice coordinating fabric..
~A teal blender..
Just my opinion.

Thanks - will have to get serious about locating coordinates after Christmas.