Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   16 Dec 2011 Mysi's Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/16-dec-2011-mysis-mystery-t83275.html)

mysikaanne 12-23-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan
How will we be notified of what to cut/sew? I am new to this forum & to doing a mystery quilt - found a focus fabric i like. but having a 'devil of a time' coming up with coordinates - may abandon & start over :+(. Here is the original I thought I'd use - help!

The first page of this thread has the cut list.. I can see lots of different colors, pinks blues, browns,reds, greens. You could probably get away with some yellows. Look at "blenders" that way you can find coordinates. Hope this helps!

Missy

montanajan 12-23-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne

How will we be notified of what to cut/sew? I am new to this forum & to doing a mystery quilt - found a focus fabric i like. but having a 'devil of a time' coming up with coordinates - may abandon & start over :+(. Here is the original I thought I'd use - help!

The first page of this thread has the cut list.. I can see lots of different colors, pinks blues, browns,reds, greens. You could probably get away with some yellows. Look at "blenders" that way you can find coordinates. Hope this helps!

Missy

Thanks for your help - I'll take the fabric with me to our local quilt shops after Christmas & see what I can find.

montanajan 12-23-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Wow, you have So many options..

~The teal and brown fabric would be a nice coordinating fabric..
~A teal blender..
Just my opinion.

Love teal - hope I can find some; thanks for suggestions.

mysikaanne 12-23-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
boy I see so many options for co-ordinates, beautiful fabric

Solids or blenders or other prints - suggestions needed!

blenders or prints that 'read' like they blend or are solid.:)

k9dancer 12-24-2010 05:54 AM

That is great fabric! I could easily find co-ordinates for that. Since we are not close enough, here's an easy trick: look on the selvedge of the fabric and you will find colored dots. These are the colors in the fabric. Take those dots with you when you go shopping from your stash or the store and you will have fabrics in no time!

tomilu 12-24-2010 06:15 AM

When I get up against a wall on picking faberics, the quilt shop is my stop to get an opinion.

Momofthree 12-24-2010 04:36 PM

As soon as I find my camera I will post a picture of the fabric I went and found last night.

mysikaanne 12-28-2010 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Momofthree
As soon as I find my camera I will post a picture of the fabric I went and found last night.

Can't wait Mom!

Missy

Heartwarming quilts 12-28-2010 03:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Mysi,

Here are my two sets of Mystery Quilt fabric sellections.

Sue Dormier

mysikaanne 12-28-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Heartwarming quilts
Hi Mysi,

Here are my two sets of Mystery Quilt fabric sellections.

Sue Dormier

Sorry Sue I can't see the #'s very well.. can you use a black pen or marker so I can see them? :) HUGS.. It didn't show up on the pictures.

Missy