Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Fabric covered needlework box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/fabric-covered-needlework-box-t28902.html)

sandpat 01-04-2010 04:49 PM

Brush...those are really pretty! It is fun!

Lesley...believe it or not....I do get a lot of stuff with on line shopping...but its not really THAT bad....I'm just procrastinating because I don't have time to make another right now to be truthful......but I will make another, they are fantastic boxes!

brushandthimble 01-04-2010 06:25 PM

Thank you sandpat and Butterfly. I plan to do a couple more, waiting for more cardboard.

cutebuns 01-04-2010 10:44 PM

Awesome boxes, I haven't even started any yet, DS and DD#1 didn't want to do them on their date day,

Lacelady 01-05-2010 05:43 AM

Wow Brush, you made a really good job of those boxes, I hope the neices are appreciative. I gave my daughter one as part of her Christmas present, (the one in my original photos) and she really loved it too. I think it's quicker to make two together, as while one is drying, you can get on with the other. Great job.

wvdek 01-13-2010 09:32 AM

Going to town today to pay for next semester of school, get my flu shots, and see about some poster board. Also, may look for some lining for the fabric I posted. I don't have the right color for it. I also need some lining for a jewelry pouch I am making.

Wish me luck.

Lacelady 01-13-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Going to town today to pay for next semester of school, get my flu shots, and see about some poster board. Also, may look for some lining for the fabric I posted. I don't have the right color for it. I also need some lining for a jewelry pouch I am making.

Wish me luck.

Well done Wvdek, hope you manage to get some card, though several people have been very creative with card, as that seems to have been harder to get than some of the other things. Hope to see pics of your box soon.

sandpat 01-13-2010 04:49 PM

Hope you found what you needed wvdek!

brushandthimble 01-13-2010 05:13 PM

I am collecting the cardboard, have fabric set aside for number four.

Chrickett 01-14-2010 09:31 AM

I have the cardboard ready to be cut out the patterns, but the one for the gusset was a little bit hard for me, I saw the measurments, but could not just quite get the sides to come to the right amount. I guess my head is a little to thick, would be glad for some help on how to get it correct. PLEASE.
Have a great day.

Lacelady 01-14-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chrickett
I have the cardboard ready to be cut out the patterns, but the one for the gusset was a little bit hard for me, I saw the measurments, but could not just quite get the sides to come to the right amount. I guess my head is a little to thick, would be glad for some help on how to get it correct. PLEASE.
Have a great day.

The top of the gusset is 4 inches across (placed on a fold). When you draw the centre line down from that, make the line 4 and three quarters of an inch long. Then put the half inch line across the bottom, and when you join up the ends from the four inch line and the half inch line, it should be near enough 5 inches on each side. There is some leeway built into this so that there is plenty to tuck in under the box lining, and you can always make it longer, just be careful not to make it much shorter. Also don't forget not to sew the centre line all the way to the bottom, stop when you get to the last inch. If you stitch all the way, it will be bulky where you don't want any bulk, and won't lay quite so flat. Hope this helps.