Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Turning 2.5” Scraps into a Log Cabin Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/turning-2-5%94-scraps-into-log-cabin-block-t275789.html)

Bilben 09-29-2016 08:21 AM

Congratulations on your ribbon. Well deserved!

Anoka Quilter 09-30-2016 12:23 PM

Elle, love your screen name.

Quilter333 10-04-2016 05:40 AM

Oh my goodness this is such a pretty quilt! I can't wait to make one! I have a jelly roll and other colors that I got for my daughters quilt. The only problem was I kept changing the pattern because I never was satisfied. Now I know what pattern to use and how to make this quilt. Thanks so much!

Deb watkins 10-04-2016 05:53 AM

WOW.....a scrappy pattern that doesn't make my eyes go haywire! I have been cutting my scrap pieces into squares, this is going to be a great pattern to use them! Thank you so much for this tutorial!

oksewglad 10-04-2016 03:27 PM

You know while making my rwb blocks I noticed another way to construct the blocks...think of the block as a 4patch with a log on 2 sides. Make 3 4patch units with the lower right 4 patch made up of a scrap square and a log square paired with the 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 log...then add the log pieces to the right side and across the bottom. For me it makes it easier to make a bunch of 4P units, then at a later date make the lower right 4P and add the logs... I've started another set of blocks as a leader and ender project for this quilt layout...Thanks again for sharing your design.

GeeGee 10-04-2016 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7668793)
You know while making my rwb blocks I noticed another way to construct the blocks...think of the block as a 4patch with a log on 2 sides. Make 3 4patch units with the lower right 4 patch made up of a scrap square and a log square paired with the 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 log...then add the log pieces to the right side and across the bottom. For me it makes it easier to make a bunch of 4P units, then at a later date make the lower right 4P and add the logs... I've started another set of blocks as a leader and ender project for this quilt layout...Thanks again for sharing your design.

That is exactly how I thought to do it. I always look to see how I can construct a design in sections rather than rows. Kudos to the designer as well.

harvsstuff 10-06-2016 10:52 AM

Wow I really like this quilt. Hard to believe they are log cabin blocks. Good job, thank you for the tutorial.

happylab 10-08-2016 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm back in the land of being able to use wifi internet again. 2 weeks with spartic usage is boring. I missed chatting. I'm glad both bd ladies received their candy.
I'm also like the 2 1/2' log cabin quilt. I'm currently working on that one. I making it king size, total of 72 blocks, if I calculated it right.
I'm practicing with sending a pic on this site, so I'm just sending a practice pic. [ATTACH=CONFIG]559891[/ATTACH]

lynndianne 10-08-2016 04:02 PM

Love the fabrics.

redpurselady 11-01-2016 07:03 PM

Love love this quilt. I have 80 blocks made. Now to sew my rows. Thanks for your beautiful inspiration.