Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama View Post
    Hi Rhonda. I have asked Santa for EQ7 for Christmas. Will you be around for awhile? I'll try to keep following you here but I sure wish I had it now so that I can play as we go along.
    When you get your EQ7 you will be ahead of the game and able to dive in and feel comfortable using it. You can print off these classes and then you will have them to follow.

Thanks Rhonda, I'll keep practicing until I get this part down really really good. And not try to do more until the next lesson.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Great tut! Things like getting the color to come across on the block is exactly the kind of problem I have, so I have already learned something. I can hardly wait for next week. Thank you for your time and your knowhow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
    Thanks Rhonda! Are you going to show us how to use the second pencil function. How about the function with the wand that changes the colors of the fabric. I know this is more advance but I was just wondering. There is so much I would like to learn about EQ6 so that I can make use of it.
    Yes we will cover as much of it as I know how to do and I will be going through the manuals and seeing what more I can learn to pass along. Anything I don't know we will just have to experiment til we understand it!!

Right now I know I will be covering the rest of the functions on the tools and how to scan fabric / how to look for blocks and add to them. How to add fabric from the manufacturers. Basically how to use the sketchbook and libraries.
    I will show how to design using my shortcuts and how to put them into quilts. We will explore alot of stuff that will help you make quilts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    when you save to the sketchbook it will save it colorless. all you need to do is look for the arrows underneath that window. Click on the right arrow and it will show you the next block. It will be the colored one you saved. It saves several something like 5 in the same place. You just use the arrow to see all of them in that stack.
    Thanks! I now have COLOR!!!!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Smile I love this EQ Class!!!

Rhonda, Thank you so much! I am enjoying playing with my new blocks in EQ6. This is so fun and easy to understand. wish I could be here at the right time but life is calling!!!!
    Kim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Thanks! I now have COLOR!!!!
    Great! Another thing the sketchbook does is to save your colors automatically. When you are changing colors in your quilt it will save the differant colored blocks into your sketchbook automatically so if you need to change something back you can look for that color combination in the Block section in your sketchbook and you can click on that specific block to replace the one in your quilt. this is really nice if you play with a lot of differant color combos in your quilt and want to go back to one you did several changes ago. You don't have to change each and every little spot just change the block. Now when you get as many differant one in your Block section like I do it can be a challenge to find that one block among the crowd but I just click on where I think it is and go left til I have seen all the blocks in that stack and then go to the next stack and keep looking til I find it.

thank you so much,now I have hope,you were so easy to follow.
    I have had my EQ5 ever since it came out.
    d.swindle

I have had my EQ5 for quite awhile I have a few of the basics down but looking forward to learning more with the rest of you. Sure makes figuring this out more fun Thanks so much Rhonda
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
    Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
    Peace be with you

Please could someone please tell me what is the correct format to put into the box when it ask you to name your project. This is the box that comes up when you first open EQ5. I put several things in there and it kept telling me invalid filename. I really really need someone to answer this for me.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    Please could someone please tell me what is the correct format to put into the box when it ask you to name your project. This is the box that comes up when you first open EQ5. I put several things in there and it kept telling me invalid filename. I really really need someone to answer this for me.
    Make sure you are not using any periods or slash marks in your project name. Try just a simple one word name and see if it will work for you.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rhonda I enjoyed your class

Thanks so much for preparing this. I'm hoping by replying to this I can find it again so I can bookmark it.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

I have EQ5 and have not done much with it! I am going to play along with you and see what happens! Thanks Rhonda!

Rhonda

Thank you for your time and expertise in the tutorial on EQ 5,6,and 7. I just might get it yet. Can't wait til the next tut. Are they going to be weekly? Again, aBig Thank You for your time and knowledge. I have problems with vista and my embroidery software, also lost my internal DVD drive to vista. Today some of the tools I needed wouldn' stay on the screen, had to keep going back to get them. Hope it will work, when I use it again.

suzy

Thanks Rhonda-I have had EQ5 forever it seems and never learned how to use it. Maybe now there is HOPE!!!!!

Rhonda,

Read part of your tute during my lunch hour. Can't wait to get home so I can try the lesson. Thanks for posting.

Rumbols

Blog Entries
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Maybe now I can start learning how to use my EQ7 and design my grandson's baseball quilt.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Blog Entries
    You're welcome everyone! Let me know how you are doing with the lesson. Any stumbles? Anything I could have done better? were the pictures enough or should I have added a couple more or so along the way? any feedback is welcome and you might help someone else if you post your experiences. Thanks everyone!!

Thanks for sharing you knowledge with us ....looking forward to learning. Beth
    Beth/Bernina 730 machine.

Thanks Rhonda. Can't wait for part 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Rhonda

Thank you for your time and expertise in the tutorial on EQ 5,6,and 7. I just might get it yet. Can't wait til the next tut. Are they going to be weekly? Again, aBig Thank You for your time and knowledge. I have problems with vista and my embroidery software, also lost my internal DVD drive to vista. Today some of the tools I needed wouldn' stay on the screen, had to keep going back to get them. Hope it will work, when I use it again.

suzy
    Yes I will be posting them every Monday until we get through everything everyone wants to see or I run out of things I can post.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Make sure you are not using any periods or slash marks in your project name. Try just a simple one word name and see if it will work for you.
    nope that won't do it either, I have tried my name, new, my granddaughters name and there was another one that I can't remember, did work.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

hi Rhonda I've hit a snag already, I'm using eq5 and when putting the block onto layer 1 i get error message 'can't place drawing on base layer quilt' i need to change the layer options to remove the restriction, now i've had a look and can't see where i need to change the setting, can you please help thanx for the tutorial I think you have taken on a mighty job

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast