Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction >

Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Old 11-08-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
look at the file tabs right under the blue Electric Quilt 5 bar...have you selected 'Create a New Project?' it is not an Existing Project, yet, so it would give you an error msg...and what exactly are you typing as your new filename?
I put new in the box, yes it is on Create a new project, I don't have any existing ones as I have never used this program. Is there anything else that I could possibly do please.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 AM

thank you. I have been playing with this for half an hour. will come back later and play some mjore to reinforce what I have learned. so far I have made 4 different blocks and added them to my quilt top!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM

Thanks Rhonda! I will go play now
Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Thanks Rhonda, was able to follow along pretty well, but my color section did not show up.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
Rhonda! what a great intro...love the size of your 'steps' and I appreciate so much the time you took...I didn't get a chance to look at your class till this evening...are you going to be leaving the first lessons on when you post a new one, so we can refer back or will it not let you do that?...if you can, please do...
Yes the classes will remain on the board. There is a section in Topics List for anything pertaining to EQ so I am adding the lessons to that list so you can see them all in one place.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BZ quilting View Post
Thanks Rhonda, was able to follow along pretty well, but my color section did not show up.
when you see your block in the sketchbook or the pop up window if it is not colored you need to click the right arrow that is at the bottom of that little window. this will choose the block you want to use. The block is saved as the original outline and then any added blocks that are colored are added on top of that. It usually saves something like 4 or 5 in one stack. Just keep clicking rt if you have saved more than one. then click on the one you want to add to your quilt.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
I put new in the box, yes it is on Create a new project, I don't have any existing ones as I have never used this program. Is there anything else that I could possibly do please.
Usually when it says not a Valid File Name, you have entered quote marks or an exclamation mark or something that the program can't recognize. Try backspacing or deleting the complete area where you type & just to make a change, why don't you try to call it verna instead of new and see what happens.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Usually when it says not a Valid File Name, you have entered quote marks or an exclamation mark or something that the program can't recognize. Try backspacing or deleting the complete area where you type & just to make a change, why don't you try to call it verna instead of new and see what happens.
She has already tried that and it wasn't the problem. Mine won't let me add a new file of any kind either. It is just a compatibility problem between the old program and the new system. She tried using several differant titles and none of it worked. The system can not read the new title. So we are trying a differant "run around the endzone" but I don't know if it will work. I hope to hear from her that it worked. If it worked I will post the solution.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanks Rhonda, Keep up good had trouble with getting the color in the block, but work on it and got it. Thanks can't wait for next lesson.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Love your easy to follow steps Rhonda! Thank you so very much.