Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 380

Thread: String Piecing on adding machine paper

  1. #76
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,411
    Blog Entries
    10
    I also just threw a bunch of that away several months ago :shock: Who knew how useful it would be :cry:

    Thanks for the Tute :thumbup:

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4
    Is that a golf T keeping your bobbin and matching thread together? Another genius idea!

  3. #78
    Senior Member Bubblegum0077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    794
    Cool. Do you tear the paper off when you are done? It sound like paper piecing.

  4. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestManiac
    Is that a golf T keeping your bobbin and matching thread together? Another genius idea!
    LOL yes it is I use the golf tees all the time for that purpose..works well

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    Cool. Do you tear the paper off when you are done? It sound like paper piecing.
    well this is foundation piecing not really paper piecing..pp you use lines to stitch on for making your pattern ..this just holds the fabrics flat and straight while you sew all those little pieces..good when you have some scraps that are bias etc

  6. #81
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    What is your source for 3-inch paper rolls? So far I can only find 2 1/4 inch rolls here (looked in Walmart and Office Depot)

  7. #82
    Super Member Rebecca VLQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,490
    Oh, that is so awesome! :D

  8. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    What is your source for 3-inch paper rolls? So far I can only find 2 1/4 inch rolls here (looked in Walmart and Office Depot)
    Well I am quite sure Staples has it but I have had mine so long now I can't remember where I got it from..

  9. #84
    Senior Member irma tapia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    367
    Could you please post the pics you sent?

  10. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by irma tapia
    Could you please post the pics you sent?
    Here are some I have done with the string piecing..the pineapple I did paper pieced but did the string piecing for the borders
    Attached Images Attached Images



  11. #86
    Senior Member irma tapia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    367
    Thanks. I was really needing the first pic you sent showing the roll you have made along with the holder that you have the paper on. Can you please tell me how you do this?

  12. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by irma tapia
    Thanks. I was really needing the first pic you sent showing the roll you have made along with the holder that you have the paper on. Can you please tell me how you do this?
    Oh sorry...those pics are on this thread but on page 1..scroll down a little

  13. #88
    Senior Member irma tapia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    367
    Thanks very much, didn't think to look there....duh

  14. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by irma tapia
    Thanks very much, didn't think to look there....duh
    lol so glad I am not the only one who does things like that!

  15. #90
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank you for this tute :D:D:D

  16. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    322
    Thanks for this tutorial....Will be fun I am sure. How long are your stitches?? Is it difficult to remove the paper. I am not a PP. In fact have never tried PP........

  17. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    714
    I picked up a roll at a yard sale today. Tomorrow I dig for some of my scraps!

  18. #93
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    very cool idea, thanks for sharing!

  19. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by joyplace
    Thanks for this tutorial....Will be fun I am sure. How long are your stitches?? Is it difficult to remove the paper. I am not a PP. In fact have never tried PP........
    I do tighten the stitches on my machine a bit and I steam press it before removing the paper..adding machine paper seems to be cheap and comes off easily

  20. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Janie Q
    I picked up a roll at a yard sale today. Tomorrow I dig for some of my scraps!
    Oh super....be sure to show a pic when you are done!

  21. #96
    Member mab112146's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Trinity Texas
    Posts
    29
    Super Idea....keeps you straight on

  22. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    boone,ia...now lakewood,co.
    Posts
    83
    love it. where did you get the holder ? do you have the size? if i can not find one to buy...i would like my husband to make one...but need the size of every thing to make it. thanks for the info. am going to make the strips. i never throw anything away..so...have lots of scraps.

  23. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by quilting grammy
    love it. where did you get the holder ? do you have the size? if i can not find one to buy...i would like my husband to make one...but need the size of every thing to make it. thanks for the info. am going to make the strips. i never throw anything away..so...have lots of scraps.
    I got it at Joanns..It was on the notions wall I think...but been so long I can not remember..keep in mind the paper is 3" wide so I am sure your hubby can figure it out from that..with a small dowel to hold the paper between the 2 pieces of wood..the side pieces aren't necessary for this they are for threads I guess and holes on top to sicssors and seam ripper maybe

  24. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    boone,ia...now lakewood,co.
    Posts
    83
    WE LOOKED AT JO ANNS BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM. HUSBAND MADE 3 AND GOT THE 3" PAPER AT STAPLES. NOW MY 2 SEWING FRIENDS AND I HAVE ONE. HUSBANDS ARE WONDERFUL. NOW I AM READY TO START SEWING ON STRIPS. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

  25. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by quilting grammy
    WE LOOKED AT JO ANNS BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM. HUSBAND MADE 3 AND GOT THE 3" PAPER AT STAPLES. NOW MY 2 SEWING FRIENDS AND I HAVE ONE. HUSBANDS ARE WONDERFUL. NOW I AM READY TO START SEWING ON STRIPS. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
    Oh wow must be your husband is as super as mine is!! I am sure you will have fun..be sure to post some pics ok!!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.