Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >
  • #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

• #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 01-19-2015, 03:13 PM

So sorry about the stolen quilts, Jolo. Hope the thief is caught and that the quilts are returned to you.

Here's my triangles for Quilt #2. The colors are much more vibrant in person.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506840[/ATTACH]

And here are the squares that they'll be going with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506841[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   001-horz.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2015, 03:22 PM

OOOh Moonrise, I love, love, love your scrappy made fabric...

Dotcom...are your squares going to be cut into triangles? or for the 4 patch? Love yours too!!!

Jolo, so sorry about your missing quilts. I, also would be beside myself..
    Old 01-19-2015, 04:01 PM
    Power Poster

moonrise, love your blocks and triangles. i'll love it when it's together, I like scrappys and am starting to love the look of a controlled scrapy. love your blocks.

2 years ago, I had a print on the wall outside my bedroom. for over two weeks, I didn't notice it missing. on Christmas eve, I got out of bed, and noticed it gone!!! asked my dh, he said he didn't notice it. I figured my cleaning lady broke it and hid it. the next day, my dh pulled it out, he had it professionally framed. Lets hope for the best.
    Old 01-19-2015, 04:05 PM

Goodness, I didn't read all the posts before mine...what a lot I missed! Baby kittens, pretty squares and triangles...what great combos! Jolo, there are no words to console, but know that you are in my prayers, and that there is a happy outcome.
    Moonrise...love your 'made' fabrics! Everyone's doing great work!
    Lynnie, chicken foot is a game played with dominoes. Easy and fun. We play it every third Saturday. The other two Saturdays we play Yahtze and Sequence. They're the only games my mom remembers how to play. Also, today I thought of your signature line...that was me today, for sure!
    Old 01-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Default Here is part of my triangles

With this being my first Mystery Quilt, I am enjoying myself. I am ready for Sat.
    I hope my picture comes through...
    Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-part-2.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2015, 07:17 PM
    Power Poster

Love the way your triangles are arranged...wouldn't that be a pretty quilt, Gayle'squilts
    Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
    Power Poster

Gayle, love your triangles. mine were so blah as I've said b4, i'm doing a double batch
    so I needed to make 48 more triangle batches. these have a bit more of color. I feel happy now.

is it Saturday yet. we have 4 days till the next clue. tues, wed, thurs, fri. I don't count sat, coz that's clue day!!!!!

in the club car, I just put a chocolate fountain for anyone who want to do fondue dip.
    Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 PM

What beautiful triangles coming together. Those with the same light, could turn out interesting also.

Saw the cutie kitten, how wonderful that you heard that baby crying and could get to her in time.

Sorry to hear about the missing quilts, I would be angry too. :/

Now I need to get moving on those triangles, we had a long long weekend with family and a funeral. It will be nice to sit quietly and sew and get some Me TIME.
    Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 PM

Okay don't have many 4" squares in my scraps and was procrastinating about what I was going to do. Then someone mentioned 4" charms, I have two shoe boxes full of those. I hope I can find enough light and medium light in those!
    Old 01-20-2015, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    Thanks! My stash has dwindled down so low that I don't have much yardage at the moment, so this swap has worked out well for using up my scraps. Some unexpected dental bills last year, home repair bills, and bottle-raising a "surprise" newborn kitten that turned up literally beside our doorstep kind of messed up our play money, but I'll re-stock my stash soon.

Here are some photos of Quilt #1's pieces so far. My triangles are a little oversized, in case of "operator error". I always cut them a smidge too big anyway. I'll wait and see what the next step is before trimming them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506748[/ATTACH]

And here's the blocks they go with:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506749[/ATTACH]

Here's the kitten at 2 days old, in my husband's hand. He still had his umbilical cord and wasn't much bigger than a roll of quarters. His mom (apparently a stray) either abandoned him or something happened to her. The kitten was behind the bushes beside our front porch, crying his little heart out. Luckily I heard him. I watched through the window, and waited for hours, but the mom never showed back up. Hubby was at work, so, with great difficulty (I have a bad knee and use a wheelchair part of the time), I managed to climb in behind the bushes and retrieve him. Hubby checked as soon as he got home, but there was no sign of any other kittens. He's almost 6 months old now, and is doing great. Strong as an ox! (Pardon Hubby's lack-of-shirt. )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506750[/ATTACH]

Pic from December. Look at the size of that paw!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506751[/ATTACH]
    Love your pictures, that kitten is so cute. Thanks for showing what "Crumb pieces" is. I have read that several times and felt dumb asking. Now I see I was dumber not asking. So crumb pieces means you sew little bits and pieces together to make the size that you need? Such as your triangles have more than two pieces of material in it? Did I get that right?