Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 01-19-2015, 07:26 AM

I dont know where to post this so here goes.I went to the closet where I store my quilts and knock me over with a feather. ALL but 2 or 3 small throws were GONE!!! I have been making quilts for so many years it is embarassing(lol) and my closet was shelves from floor to ceiling,so many quilts in it that not one more could be stuffed into it. And now I can count with the 2 beds that I have quilts on and some in my roon I now have only 7 quilts. A lifetime of work and love gone!!! I have been crying all weekend and now am so angry at some unknown person I have to pray for forgiveness.Who could hate me so much or I keep saying:Self they dont hate you so much as they love your skill.Doesnt help much tho.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 AM

Jolo, That is terrible!!! I had a quilt disappear from my outside clothes line several years ago but that was only one quilt.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:39 AM

Jolo, what horrible thing! I feel your pain. Treasure your remain quilts and think in new projects to do!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:48 AM

Moonrise: Marvelous video, bless you for being so loving and generous. Love those crumb blocks too.
Jolo: Heartbreaking. So sorry, I know how much goes into each and every quilt. Don't let this horrible person keep you from quilting. Somewhere I saw a registry for stolen or lost quilts. Maybe someone can give you more information. Also if you have any pictures you can start a thread asking for people to keep them in mind as they visit various sites.
Lynnie: Know what you mean about the blah factor in the blocks. The upside is that we are achieving the value required to make a truly interesting scrappy. It is really an object lesson in why we gravitate to the medium values.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Hi Peg!!!! Your blocks are so pretty. Please say Hi to Claire also. We have missed you both on the p.c. swap. Moonrise love the triangles especially. Very Pretty. Everyone's are so pretty.I can't wait to see the end project.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by jolo View Post
I dont know where to post this so here goes.I went to the closet where I store my quilts and knock me over with a feather. ALL but 2 or 3 small throws were GONE!!! I have been making quilts for so many years it is embarassing(lol) and my closet was shelves from floor to ceiling,so many quilts in it that not one more could be stuffed into it. And now I can count with the 2 beds that I have quilts on and some in my roon I now have only 7 quilts. A lifetime of work and love gone!!! I have been crying all weekend and now am so angry at some unknown person I have to pray for forgiveness.Who could hate me so much or I keep saying:Self they dont hate you so much as they love your skill.Doesnt help much tho.

I am so sorry to hear this. I sure hope they show up somewhere. I am just shaking my head, how can this be!!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:25 AM

Oh jolo, how sad and terrible. I hope you contacted the police. Fingerprints maybe? Was anything else stolen? If not, it is someone who knows you and knew what was in that closet..
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM

Jolo... is there any chance that someone is putting them in a show or a display somewhere to surprise you? Anyone in your family so totally unaware of the shock it would be to open the closet and see them missing.
I am praying that there is some other reason for the empty shelves, than theft.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:46 AM

So sorry for your loss, Jolo! How awful! Sure hope you can get them back.

Loving all of the blocks and I am especially loving the creativeness in piecing; the crumbs, strings and postage stamps. They are going to be so pretty.

i finished clue #2 and waiting anxiously for #3. Time to settle down and finish binding a baby quilt.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:12 AM

Jolo I'm so sorry for your great loss I know that it must feel like part of your heart is missing, we put so much of our selves into our quilts
" The Quilters Cache " has a place for missing quilts you can post photos or descriptions.
I would put a hasp and padlock on your closet door containing your quilts, just to make sure it doesn't happen again.
I'm just lurking here but wanted to give you my support.