Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >
  • Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

• Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-05-2014, 03:55 PM

Kassaundra - where are you at in OK? I live in Bethany, NW Oklahoma City area.
    Old 10-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dear1953
    Kassaundra - where are you at in OK? I live in Bethany, NW Oklahoma City area.
    Just down I40 in Henryetta.
    Old 10-05-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat
    I dropped off some homemade peach salsa and chips to offset the alcohol. And will partake of the stuffed eggplant, one of my favourite foods. Thanks, all.
    Peach salsa! Umm, YUMMO! Love that stuff! and, it goes well with tequila!~ lol
    Old 10-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Every HST block and star that come along are just beautiful.

retired, your points look fine to me

oh boy, gotta make me an Albertson run tomorrow, chocolate and wine ... can't go wrong with that one.

my husband used to be plant manager of a processing plant in upstate New York. His dad wanted to make wine so he was given a large jug of grape juice. Dad used to make wine all the time when he was younger, figured it was like riding a bike after a bit of a time out. He fiddled and adjusted and tasted and adjusted. Finally threw in a couple boxes grape jello , god only knows why. That was the killer. Was awful and got thrown out. But he used to make a killer Rock 'n Rye. My mother in law didn't drink, but if we were having a drink, she'd have some fruit and get tipsy from that.
    Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
    Power Poster

I live on Long Island NY, we are open on Sundays, but our food stores only sell beer and wine coolers (flavored beers). Everything else is at the liquor stores. Being i'm not really a drinker, I didn't know you could buy chocolate wine. Sounds delish!!!! Haven't been in a liquor stores in years, I think I need to visit one and see about chocolate stuff there. would be good with a marshmallow on the side, like a martini. thanks for all the info on this matter. Sounds like alot of fun. we have grape vines all over where i live, but so far, since they cut them back, no grapes yet. I was hoping for a bottle or two out of it./

Love all the new colorways coming in, great!
    Old 10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
    Power Poster

Judy, fruit that makes you tipsy, sounds like fun to me, I may have to take up eating "tipsy" fruit. When I was younger, had a roommate that put fruit coctail in her liquor, she'd eat the fruit for breakfast. Once i tried it. wow...packed a wallop!!!
    Old 10-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
    Is that an Angora rabbit? looks very soft and cuddly
    Hahaha no, but I used to have a German Angora!! I never used his wool but I shaved our kitty a couple weeks ago and thought, hey I could spin this!!
    Old 10-06-2014, 06:25 AM

all my blocks finished sat. night
    Attached Thumbnails 100_1681.jpg  
    Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 AM

I came from CA. The "wine country" was a big part of the state. We had many many varieties of wine. Here in WY its all imported from other states and boy is it pricy. Alcohol is only sold in liquor stores. You cant buy it at walmart or the grocery stores. I was so surprised when I came here and discovered this. I guess we are just a tad too close to Utah.

the samples of quilt blocks are gorgeous. I love them and the surprise that comes at the end when you put it all together. I unfortunately am moving incredibly slow now that I have had a couple surgeries this year and decided that I must finish what I have started first before jumping into projects like this. I have two big quilts that need finishing and four small ones (thought I had only two!) so I have to work on those first. one thing at a time around here. I am good for one block a day right now.
    Old 10-06-2014, 06:57 AM

I don't know how to do it, but it would be nice if there was an album of finished quilts in the Pictures area.
    If we could add our results of #1-6, it would be great. Any computer geniuses out there? Mu kids are always to busy to help me and now they are all out of the house. Looking forward to the last clue! Thank you Judy!!