Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Besides quilting, what other hobby/craft are you doing? >
  • Besides quilting, what other hobby/craft are you doing?

• Besides quilting, what other hobby/craft are you doing?

Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 PM
    Power Poster

I use to do lots of crafts and have lots of hobbies. I decided a few years ago that for the rest of my life, I only want to make quilts, lots of fabrics and I keep buying more. I'm working on #15 and 16 and hope to make 2 more before Christmas.
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:17 PM

I do Sunday NY Times crossword puzzles and I tap dance in an adult class. Following a freak accident last week my husband was hospitalized in NY and I knew I'd want to stay in his room rather than commute so I grabbed my puzzle book and a ready-to-go quilt project and I was all set. On Friday he was moved to a rehab facility five minutes from home and my toys are there in his room for whenever I'm there. The dance class will have to be put on hold until he's back home and I can leave him alone.
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM

I have done lots of things too. Sewing, embrodery, acrylic paintings, upholstery furniture, refinish furniture, make benches from beds, gave up the jewlery awhile back, bird baths, windchimes, crochet afghans, way back when I did plaster of paris figures, bears,gave up most except quilting and writing, working on a cookbook now. Have a garden every spring and fall too!
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
    Banned

I sew, knit, crochet, paint, carpentry, scrap book, bake, garden, snowmobile, ice fish...I think I do a bit of everything:>)
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 PM

I like to crochet, do counted cross stitch, and of course quilting. This time of year for some extra income I decorate wreaths and sell them.
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:23 PM

I am 70 and therefore I believe at one time or another I have participated in almost everything mentioned (perhaps lots of other not mentioned crafts) except scrapbooking. I never was interested in that.
    However, my interests now are quilting, making purses, aprons, oil painting, reading, ATV riding and camping. I love to create and will continue to until I die or can't see anymore.
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM

I used to do a lot of beading, now it's hard for me because of my neck and shoulder injury, but I still do some now and then. I draw, have fun painting rocks.. lol, yeah, rocks. I can crochet but that is hard now too. I love making neck bags out of old ties and lace and other such things. I was planning to learn tole painting till quilting came along, maybe I still will sometime along the way. LOL I love gardening, and still do it, just had to learn a new way. I love music and I write songs. People seem to really like them mostly.
    If you want to see some of the things I do here is a link to my facebook album of my crafty things. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...99227311&saved
    If you want to hear a few of my songs you can go to my videos and click on them, mostly they are me singing and some pictures I put together to make a video cuz you can't upload just an audio file to facebook yet. Here is the link to my videos:
    http://www.facebook.com/wildyard?v=app_2392950137

If it gives you problems, maybe we have to be friends, just add me and say QB and I'll know to add you. Smiles and hugs.
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Oh yes, I love to read and read several books a week.
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by icon17
    Well I love Doll houses!! So this year Hubby/I are fix'in it to pass it on to my Gr. daughter for Christmas. 8-) and YES it will have Quilts/sewing machine/ete..
    \

I - we - also love and make doll houses and miniatures. Genealogy and lawn bowls also figure highly on the agenda - after quilting, sewing, embroidery and everything else you can think of. I can never sit idle.
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM

I love to knit.

I've been wanting to get into miniatures. I made a very tiny braided rug and have been looking into make one room doll houses. Since I want to be a historian I was thinking of recreating different periods in time with my doll houses. The first one I'm making is a living room from the 1940's. Now if only I could find the time to do it! LOL