Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How can you embroider a picture >

How can you embroider a picture

How can you embroider a picture

Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 PM

Default How can you embroider a picture

My friend bought a new semi truck and wants to know if I could embroider it on a jacket. Is there a way to put the picture in your software and do this
Old 11-21-2014, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
My friend bought a new semi truck and wants to know if I could embroider it on a jacket. Is there a way to put the picture in your software and do this
You need a digitized image. People do this kind of thing, but you usually pay someone else to digitize it. Do you have an embroidery machine?

Look for a place on line that will digitize images. I think it can be done for as low as $25 (digitized). Then you would need to find someone to embroider it (assuming you don't have an embroidery machine).
Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 AM

I did a little more searching and according to a you tube video, you could download SewArt, put this picture into your program and digitize it. There is a 30 day free trial. So you could do it yourself.

I'm curious how good it is!

http://www.sandscomputing.com/id67.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglpFe1FGt8

Last edited by justflyingin; 11-22-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:01 AM

If you don't already have an embroidery machine, find someone who can do both the digitizing and stitching for you. That way they can run some samples for you to see BEFORE it is stitched on to a jacket. Best of luck!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:01 AM

Just pay a professional digitizer to do this. Plenty of embroidery shops around. (Team sports logos, apparel. Etc). They can do this start to finish. Expect to pay $$. Epsp if the image is going to be large. No way would I get involved in this.

Sandy
Old 11-23-2014, 05:38 AM

I took a logo to a company in town that does embroidery and they were able to digitize it for me. Cost of digitizing was $35. I was happy with the digitizing.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=justflyingin;6978940]I did a little more searching and according to a you tube video, you could download SewArt, put this picture into your program and digitize it. There is a 30 day free trial. So you could do it yourself.

I'm curious how good it is!
I read reviews and seems people have problems with viruses/trojan being in the download. But anyway, most all of the free download trials that last for 30 days, will only let you play around with digitizing...but when you get your design made, you cannot "save" it. This is for you to determine which program you want to buy. I have found one software digitizing program that is 'yours' after download, and it has about 7 instruction .videos that you can also download. It is not easy to learn, but none of the digitizing programs are.

http://sophiesew.com/SS2/the-software/ and the tutes at:
http://sophiesew.com/SS2/portfolio/sophiesew-version-1-tutorials/

I, myself, have P E Design , but I like to test other programs to see if there is an easier one. I've not really tried the artlink one.....yet!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

OH golly, decades ago my Sister did an Eagle on a denim jacket. No idea how though. Good luck.