Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question >
  • To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

• To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

Old 06-26-2011, 02:57 PM

I grew up on a lake and my aunt came out very often in the summer and we would go fishing. Now we have a cabin in northern Minnesota and go there every week from April thru Oct and we fish all the time. Mostly I fish for sunnies and we do go trolling for northerns, and those I pickle because I do not like to pick out those nasty y bones. Taught my now 11 yr old DGD to fish when she was 4 yrs old and now she loves it also, yes I am a fisherwoman. No more winter fishing though - to hard on hands when water is cold.
    Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM

I never understood the lure of fishing. I think it's a grand excuse to take a nap :)
    Old 06-26-2011, 03:07 PM

I love to fish
    Old 06-26-2011, 03:47 PM

I love fishing too-----when my DH goes and I can stay home. LOL
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by didi
    Count me in, I love to fish, used to have a pond when we lived in AR, moved to Al, no pond.....waiting for the dear one to make us one, its on his list LOL
    Well come back to arkansas and you can fish with me. LOL
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I love fishing especially when DH takes all the kids and leaves me at home to quilt.
    believe it or not, that just happened today!! dh took dd saltwater fishing and left me all alone. boohoo :mrgreen:. i'll never recover.

sometimes, they all come over for the weekend, son and spouse, daughter and spouse, and they ALL go fishing and leave me here.
    i just have to quilt through my tears. it's a hard life. and then when you start to get happy......

they come home!!! with yucky fish!!!!
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM

Love Alaska fishing trout, salmon just for the halibut !!

Yummy in my tummy !!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
    I haven’t fished much for the past 25 years. That’s when we moved from Colorado to Oklahoma, and my favorite fishing was in fast water with flies. I never was much of a bait fisherman, and there aren’t many trout streams here in Oklahoma.

MIL was originally from Michigan and now in SW Colorado. She loves her bait fishing. Uses a John Boat in summer, but never uses a motor, electric or otherwise, and she likes oars and rowing on small lakes. She hauls her little boat out to her favorite lake in the pickup and launches it all by herself to fish all day long, then loads it back up and drives home.

In the winter, when her favorite lake is frozen, she spends a good part of the day out on it with her snow shovel, hand operated ice auger, stool, and thermos full of coffee.

CD in Oklahoma
    :P :P She sounds like she is a pistol. Good for her. Fishing was our middle name when I was growing up. My Mom used to say that my Dad could ask her in the middle of the night if she wanted to go camping and fishing and by the time her feet hit the floor all five of us kids were in the car waiting. Don't do much now but still like to go. BrendaK
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:54 PM

I do not fish. I read while others fish. Just in case some of you missed this, when I posted it before......

A man and his wife go to their fishing lodge to spend some quiet time. She hates to fish, so while he fishes, she reads. One afternoon, he came back early saying he wanted a nap. She couldn't read peacefully while he snored, so she went out to the boat and floated while she read. Pretty soon a game warden comes by in his spiffy boat. He asks to see her fishing license. She says "I don't have one, I am just reading". He replies "I can see you have all the equipment to fish, and for all I know you were just about to start fishing, so I am going to write you a ticket." She says " Oh very well, but I am going to have to file charges on you for rape." He steps back and says "But I never touched you!" She says "Well, I can see you have all the equipment, and for all I know you are about to start!" He quietly left.

Moral of the story- Never hassle a woman who reads, chances are she can think too! Hugs! -Kelly
    Old 06-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I love fishing especially when DH takes all the kids and leaves me at home to quilt.
    Me too but now that the kids are grown and gone I go along and quilt (hand work) while he fishes. I like the quiet!