Warm Window Shade

Old 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Default Warm Window Shade

I bought some of this insulation drapery at JAF that is made by Warm & Natural called Warm Window. I have read over the various instructions and I am at a lost. Has anybody tried this product?? It was on clearance and my bedroom window faces west so I my apt really heats up in the afternoon. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have made drapes before.

http://www.warmcompany.com/wwpage.html
Old 09-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I haven't seen it before, and I'm not really sure what you're asking. There are lots of instructions on the website - if you're still having trouble you could email the company.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

On that web page are links to instructions for 6 different window treatments using Warm Window. Did you click on those? I think your first step would be to decide which window treatment you want to do.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 AM

I don't know you question but I made some one time with a window shade backing and so know you can't fold it. I presume it is just you backing with fabric on top. Cut the backing the exact size the roll the cover over it like a binding on a quilt. If this is too confusing just hit the delete button. good luck
Old 09-06-2014, 06:20 AM

I made these roman shades and tab back valances not long ago. They are quilted from sheets like the bed covers.. rods run through rings sewn to the back and are hung on cup hooks at the height I wanted to raise them...we gave up on the cord system when our fur kids kept eating the cords. LOL They extend just past the window frame so that when winter comes I can use either double back tape or Velcro to seal out the cold and any wind. Just an idea for you..
Attached Thumbnails 003-2-.jpg   020.jpg  
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM

Used this product, I believe the first year it came out. Made pillow slips and slid the WW down inside. Then hung on rods attached to window frames. That was one cozy way to keep our old drafty Fixer-upper for many years.
As the house became modernized with "better" windows, I tossed the shades. I still miss rolling down or tucking aside the shades. It gave us a warm safe feeling.
Follow tutes on site. They are helpful
Old 09-06-2014, 01:16 PM

I have made 17 of them. what is it you need to Know. I love them
Old 09-06-2014, 04:46 PM

I've made several shades using this product. What is your question?
Old 09-06-2014, 04:51 PM

I made two 40+ years ago... I think they were even called Warm Windows then. A couple of VERY cold California kids ended up relocated to Nebraska - put them on the bedroom windows (singled paned and one was cracked). We survived and did not freeze to death. Took them when we left and used them in the next location. Left them when we gave up and just came home. If I needed them I would sure use them again. Even had magnetic strips on the side to help close off drafts.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:07 PM

I've never tried this, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention - good luck on your project, I hope you'll post some pics.