Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which is disliked more by you? >
  • Which is disliked more by you?

• Which is disliked more by you?

Old 04-03-2019, 02:31 AM

Its gotta be the backing/sandwiching. Ugh! For housework, just general clean-up. I must not have picked-up my toys as a kid!
    Old 04-03-2019, 03:17 AM

For quilting, the least liked part is coming up with a quilting design and then the marking of the quilt. Ugh. Some quilts are easier than others in terms of the quilting motif but others...not so much.

As to housework, I'm with others in that I really don't care for the whole enchilada but I do it occasionally, lol. I guess figuring out dinner is the worst though. It's only 2 of us and I'm not a creative cook by any means. Due to DH's work and other commitments I need meals that take 5 minutes or 5 hours to prepare/cook. The daily 'what to do for dinner' just exhausts me.
    Old 04-03-2019, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK
    Housework!!Period. I don't mind any of the quilting process as much as I dislike everything about housework..
    That's me!

I used to hate layering the quilt, and quilting on the sitdown DSM was killing my neck and shoulders .... so I got a longarm: problem solved!
    Old 04-03-2019, 03:54 AM

Sewing on borders and filing/sorting paperwork.
    Old 04-03-2019, 04:55 AM

I dislike cleaning in general but especially dusting. Since hubbie retired, he dusts and I vacuum : ) As far as quilting, I dislike squaring up blocks too. I just tried doing one of those "cupcake recipes" for layer cakes and now have over 900 HSTs to square up after taking all the papers off of ea. Never going that route again! I bind by machine and have a ping pong table to sandwich on and quilt with a Tiara so that process has improved, thank goodness. My nemesis is how to deal with the scraps. Right now I am cutting anything less than a FQ into 5" sqs. for charm quilts. Anything smaller is being donated. I can't deal with the chaos.
    Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 AM

All of it. I'm mentally exhausted by the time I get home from work (and I'm lazy). Plus we're trying to manage two houses right now and I'm just...burned out I guess. There is crap all over my house because my daughter is remodeling her bedroom on the weekends when she's home from school. We don't have an attic or a garage, so the only storage space we have is our closets. I'm really ready to move into FIL old house just because there's more room.

As for quilting, I guess my least favorite part is whip stitching the binding on, with a close second trying to get the sandwich smooth. My last quilt had a wrinkle in the backing that I didn't notice until it was completed.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-03-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: language
    Old 04-03-2019, 06:00 AM

I'm with GingerK. I don't like housework either; seems a never-ending, thankless job. I like the looks afterwards but never stays that way. Like everything about the quilting. Housework tends to get in the way of our favorite things to do.
    Old 04-03-2019, 06:49 AM
    Power Poster

What is dusting??😈. Sandwiching is a pain. Repetition of any activity (squaring, pressing, chain stitching) gets boring so I try to ew a little press a little and square a little at a time
    Old 04-03-2019, 06:53 AM

Making flying geese and cleaning bathrooms. That's if there's a MAN in the house.
    Old 04-03-2019, 07:17 AM

Putting on the binding, I can never get nice mitered corners. As for housework, I hate all the cleaning chores. They kill my back, and my husband's too. So we finally hired a cleaning crew. Best money we ever spent!