Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric moratorium >
  • Fabric moratorium

• Fabric moratorium

Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
    It's been so fun reading the posts on this. I'm in. I have SOOOOOOO much fabric but I'll just have to stay out of all fabric stores. Oh wait, I take 2 classes a month at my LQS. That might be hard and ALL I've ask Santa for is gift certificates to my LQS....I'll try really hard.
    Remember that you can buy backing and binding fabric, altho I'm really going to try and get that from the stash if i can.
    Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 PM

I'm going to give this a go!! I have enough fabric for quite awhile, maybe years. It's stashed all over the house and basement. I've curtailed spending somewhat sporadically over the past year, some months I do better than others. I'm going to put up a big sign in my sewing room that will say, "Use what you've got in the house and make yourself and someone else happy," or "Need fabric, shop at home!!" Actually, I've rediscovered fabric that I forgot about in bins in the basement while looking for something else. This will be a good thing for me to do.
    Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Maybe those of us who are going to do it should form a group ( I don't know how to do this on this board) so that we can keep track of each other's progress, encourage each other and show and tell our creations. How does that sound?
    Don't know how to do that either but I like your idea. :thumbup:
    Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM

I figure gifts or gift certificates don't count. YOU aren't buying those. You are just picking out the gift.
    Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Can I stock up first??? Ha Ha!
    Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Maybe those of us who are going to do it should form a group ( I don't know how to do this on this board) so that we can keep track of each other's progress, encourage each other and show and tell our creations. How does that sound?
    Great idea. Does anyone know how to contact an Administrator to discuss options?
    Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 AM

Count me in. This seems to be a good idea for us hard cash strapped folks. I am going to start from today 1st December until March 1st 2011 in the first instance. Thanks for such a good idea. Can we come on the board for support?
    Old 12-01-2010, 02:56 AM

I actually started this a few months ago! It was difficult walking into my LQS the first couple of times after that decision, but I made it! I must admit that I 'fell off the wagon' twice, but I climbed right back on!

The reason that I made this decision -> I hit my limit of 'stash'. When I realized that I could not possibly use up what I had in this lifetime, I let go of the daydreams of more, more, and still more.
    Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 AM

Even if I gave away half my stash I would still have an 'obscene' amount of fabric so count me in.
    Old 12-01-2010, 03:42 AM

Well, it seems that everyone on here just cannot even think of not buying fabric.... I have been blocked for a couple of months but I keep going through my fabric to see what I have and what I need to put together another quilt. I did order flannel for the backing of a quilt that needs to be quilted. My sewing space is about to be turned into the Christmas tree area so I will have to stop playing in my fabric soon. Also have family for New Years and a week later Baptism of little Lily.... then I start baby sitting her three days a week. Oh, when will get to find that perfect material to go with all the other material for that perfect little quilt? Simple answer to the question..NO WAY!