Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rediscovered "new" fabric! Wizard of Oz fabric >

Rediscovered "new" fabric! Wizard of Oz fabric

Rediscovered "new" fabric! Wizard of Oz fabric

Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 AM

Smile Rediscovered "new" fabric! Wizard of Oz fabric

In my searching for ideas for a baby quilt for my first great-grandbaby (still can't believe that!) I found a fat quarter collection I've had for years. It's the Wizard of Oz collection by Beth Bruske for David's Textiles. I thought well surely they had a pattern for this way back when.....so I've spent the last hour on google trying to find it!! well, maybe not. So, I decided to ask "The Board." Have any of you seen this fabric line? I think it is just beautiful. It doesn't have the pictures like the Timeless Treasures fabric from the movie (which I love also) but it has some beautiful colors and prints and you can use the pink or the blue colorway. (Do young parents even use blue and pink these days? lol) If any of you have used this and remember or still have the pattern please let me know. Google produced Nothing! I think this is pretty rare fabric and who better to have a quilt from it then new great-grandbaby. We will know Tuesday if it's a boy or girl.
Boy, this new "baby" technology is something isn't it? I never even had a sonogram way back when and somehow managed to have four babies!! teehee! But, seriously, they have lots of things we didn't have and would like to have had. back to the pattern, let me know! thanks!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-04-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: fix title per member
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

I Googled David's Textiles then clicked on where it had Beth bruske. I have trouble attaching links. But just do like I did. Beth Bruske is almost to the bottom of the page.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

They still do pink and blue just different shades and many brighter and vbolder shades.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
They still do pink and blue just different shades and many brighter and vbolder shades.
My niece picked agua and orange!! wow! granddaughter hasn't decided yet but she is probably having a boy so I am going with blue!! she will like it I'm sure. so many today pick other colors and they are nice. I'm just an old-fashioned grandma-type! haha!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I Googled David's Textiles then clicked on where it had Beth bruske. I have trouble attaching links. But just do like I did. Beth Bruske is almost to the bottom of the page.
Been there and done that too. Still couldn't find the collection that I have. It seems to have gone into "never-never land". maybe someone on here has it though. Will be interested to see if anyone does. I should have mentioned what I was looking for in my title. I may try again with different info showing so people will know what i"m after. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Maybe you could post a picture of the fabric and we could help you find a pattern that would work?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
Maybe you could post a picture of the fabric and we could help you find a pattern that would work?
I may try that tomorrow. Gonna be busy in a bit and tomorrow out of town. Haven't ever posted a pic before and from what I read, it's pretty complicated. Have wanted to try to though.
This is pretty stuff for a baby quilt. Little mama would appreciate it though. Might be a real heirloom someday if the fabric is gone. Doesn't have a real focus fabric so I could just pick one of them for that. They all go together nicely. I did find a pattern I like called tea for Two quilt for a panel. Simple blocks. That's what I need. Thanks everyone! have a good evening!