Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Viking opal 670 owners.. >
  • Viking opal 670 owners..

• Viking opal 670 owners..

Old 12-01-2014, 09:47 AM

Default Viking opal 670 owners..

I recently bought a viking opal 670 that was 2 years old and am learning on it, but have been doing some Free Motion Stippling and noticed eyelashes on the back on my quilt. Is there some tension settings I should be using to prevent this?
    Old 12-01-2014, 11:11 AM
    Power Poster

are the eyelashes everywhere, or just on the curves? If everywhere, make sure your presser foot is down. My Viking has a special setting if I use my hopping foot. If you are using the hopping foot (one with the spring) then check your manual and see if that model has a special setting too. If the presser foot is down, and you aren't using the spring foot, try tightening your upper tension. If the eyelashes are just on the curves, you need to slow down.
    Old 12-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    are the eyelashes everywhere, or just on the curves? If everywhere, make sure your presser foot is down. My Viking has a special setting if I use my hopping foot. If you are using the hopping foot (one with the spring) then check your manual and see if that model has a special setting too. If the presser foot is down, and you aren't using the spring foot, try tightening your upper tension. If the eyelashes are just on the curves, you need to slow down.
    Thanks, I will try that. I will lower the speed and slow down. This machine is wonderful and coming from a viking 500 to this fancy machine is somewhat challenging. But I love it.
    Old 12-01-2014, 06:26 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandypants
    Thanks, I will try that. I will lower the speed and slow down. This machine is wonderful and coming from a viking 500 to this fancy machine is somewhat challenging. But I love it.
    Sorry, wasn't clear enough. You need to slow down moving the quilt, not lower the machine speed. A good thing to remember is slow hands fast feet (in other words run the machine at a high speed, but move the quilt slowly & evenly)